How Much Does CBC Blood Test Cost?
A CBC, or a complete blood count, blood test is a laboratory analysis performed on a blood sample which is usually extracted from a vein in the arm or hand using a needle. The main purpose of a CBC blood test is to determine the physiological and biochemical state of the blood for drug tests and others. The price of a CBC blood test depends on the facility that will perform the procedure. The price also depends on the purpose of having your blood sample taken. There are several laboratories that offer the service and each one of them can provide the service at different prices.
How much is it?
- On average, a CBC blood test is going to cost anywhere from $25 to $55 for the test alone. In today’s day and age, many laboratories online can give you the results for a low fee.
- For example, Medlabusa.com offer the test for a price that ranges from $43 to $48.
- Another lab that offers the service is YourHealthLab.com. This lab also offers several laboratory tests aside from CBC blood test. The tests that they offer range from PSA to Glucose. The CBC blood test here is offered for $25 to $30.
- A lab such as TestMeHealth.com will enable you to pay for the test online and visit one of their testing centers. After the test has been taken, the results will be posted online where you will need to login to view it. The price of the test that they offer range from $35 to $38.
What are the extra costs?
- When a CBC blood test is performed, there is no additional cost for the actual test at a lab online. However, if you have other tests that you need to have performed, then that will be considered an additional cost.
- If you opt to visit your family doctor to talk about the test, an office examination will be applied on top of the testing fees.
- If the test results come back with a low cell count, additional testing may be required at your local doctor’s office.
What is going to be included?
- The CBC test is going to evaluate your red and white blood cells. These tests can detect infections as well as disorders such as anemia. The laboratory is going to look for normal red and white blood cell levels.
- Included with the exam is the actual procedure; the results will be provided by the laboratory in the facility or online.
How can I save money?
- One of the most effective ways to save money is to look for a laboratory within your area and compare prices so that you will be able to get the service of the facility that will provide the service at the lowest price.
- While a doctor’s visit is not necessary to get a test, it doesn’t hurt to consult with your doctor before performing the test. These tests are going to be cheaper than those that a local doctor’s office refers.
- If your doctor suggests that you get a CBC and does it in his office, it will most likely be covered by your insurance. Check with your provider to see what will be covered and what will not. If you don’t have a health insurance policy, consider looking for one at eHealthInsurance.com.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|