How Much Does CDL Training Cost?
The training for the CDL, or Commercial Driver’s License, is a program needed to be taken by individuals that would like to obtain a CDL. The training program specializes in teaching potential truck drivers the necessary skills and knowledge to properly operate a truck. There are many different companies that offer the training programs nationwide. The length of the training classes ranges anywhere from 4 to 10 weeks, and the price for the CDL training depends largely on the company that is offering the class.
How much is it?
- On average, the price for CDL training can average anywhere from $1,000 to $6,500.
- According to the site DriverCDLStaffing.com, the price for the CDL training ranges anywhere from $1,950 to $3,900.
- For example, CDL classes are also offered by DCTraining.org. This training program usually takes 4-6 weeks if it is taken on weekdays. The price of the training program that they offer ranges from $1,100 to $3,900.
- Another school such as SpiritCDL.com offers 5 week courses that are offered at prices that range from $1,000 to $3,000.
What are the extra costs?
- An additional cost for CDL training includes the registration fee that you will need to pay when you sign up for the training program. The price for the registration fee depends on the company and it usually range from $100 to $150.
- Additional material such as books, uniforms, and medical tests may be required outside of the tuition fee.
- Medical exams, uniforms and special endorsements can cost extra if not included with the tuition.
- Upon successful completion of the program, a license will be needed through your state. State by state fees will vary. See: “How much does a CDL license cost?” Additional endorsements may be required in addition to the CDL license. This will depend on the company policy.
What is going to be included?
- The payment for the CDL training includes the entire length of the course until it is finished. The use of the vehicles as well as the instructors will be included with the payment for the program. The average course shouldn’t take no more than four to six weeks on average.
- Upon completion of the class, the student can successfully apply for a CDL license at the local DMV. Before a CDL license is handed out, most states are going to require that a written test as well as road test is taken to ensure that all rules and regulations are followed.
How can I save money?
- To save money, try to look for a company that will provide the training at a lower cost. There are several companies that can provide the program and some of them offers it at the lowest price possible compared to others. There are also companies that offer training as part of their hiring process. Many companies may force you to sign a contract before this training is provided. If the new hiree does not live up to the contract, the training will have to be paid back.
- Consider checking with your local community college as most are going to offer these classes at a discounted rate.
- Check with the local school to see if there are any type of financial aid programs available.