How Much Does Chair Reupholstery Cost?
Chair reupholstery is a process used to restore a chair so that it looks like new. Furniture is one of the most used item inside our house, especially chairs. Chairs are used frequently and they are very susceptible to wear and tear. However, rather than thinking of throwing away an old chair because it looks outdated or it has some broken parts, there are ways to restore it at a fraction of the cost of buying a new one. This is also a great way to keep family heirlooms in good condition; there are many times that a grandmother’s or grandfather’s chair is passed down to the family. If this chair is in poor condition or does not match the home’s decor, reupholstery is a great option.
How much is it?
- On average, chair reupholstery can cost anywhere from $40 to as much as $400. Various factors can affect the price of chair reupholstery. The main factors are the type of chair, its shape, and the material that is used to fix the chair. The size of the chair on which reupholstery is necessary can also affect the price of the procedure.
- For example, a barrel back chair’s reupholstery price can be anywhere from $275 to $325. The common dining chair usually costs $40 to $45 for the seat or back only, while a dining chair seat and back that will be reupholstered can cost anywhere from $85 to $175.
- Reclining chairs that need to be reupholstered can cost anywhere from $300 to $435. For the same type of chair that has a semi-detached pillow at the back, the procedure can cost $400 to $555. A parson’s chair and slip cover chair can be processed for $150 to $250.
- For example, CorrectionEnterprises.com provides reupholstery services and they base the price on the length of materials needed for the process. Task chairs, a small reception chair that would need 1 to 4 yards of fabric, can cost anywhere from $98 to $145 to reupholster. Bigger chairs such as the high back executive and conference chairs will need up to 4 yards of materials and could cost $120 to $170.
- The Master’s Touch Furniture Restoration Service is another company that provides reupholstery of chairs and other equipment. Seats with springs, recliner chairs, or chairs that have tight back with seat cushion and covered arms can be reupholstered for between $95 to $365.
What is going to be included?
- The establishment will provide professional suggestions regarding the procedure. They will also estimate the price of the process depending on the findings during their initial evaluation of the process.
- The fee for the labor will also be included on the listed price of the procedure.
- During the procedure, the older fabric will be torn off, being replaced by a newer fabric. It’s up to the customer to decide if the fabric needs to match the current style or if a new fabric is needed.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional materials will be considered as an extra cost if the procedure calls for them. This includes tufting, which can cost $5 per button, while zippers and channels can cost $8.
- Some companies would charge the labor price separately from the materials.
- If the legs of the chair need to be repaired or refinished, this will be an extra cost. It may even require the service of a different company.
Tips to know:
- The higher the quality of the materials that you would like to use on the chair, the higher the cost will be. However, this can also guarantee you that the materials will last longer and will enable you to save in the long run.
- Contacting an establishment that performs chair reupholstery when you see the first signs of wearing and tearing on the chair will help you save money since minor repair can be done instead of the whole chair.
How can I save money?
- With the right skills and availability of equipment, you can perform the re upholstery procedure yourself. Although this may take some serious carpentry skills and knowledge with upholstery, you will be able to save hundreds of dollars. It is especially possible now that there are several guides and tutorials online that can help you with the procedure.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|