How Much Does a Changing Table Cost?
A changing table is an essential piece of furniture for your child’s nursery. It will also make diaper-changing much easier and more organized for you.
How much is it?
- Changing tables come in many different finishes, materials, brands, and styles. On average, plan on pending anywhere from $60 to as much as $200 for a changing table.
- A basic changing table, one with a flat top for changing and maybe a shelf or two underneath, will cost $50-$100. For example, Dream on Me has a basic white changing table for only $60 while Graco has one for about $80.
- Changing tables that have a combination of drawers and shelves for storage will cost between $120-$300 depending on the brand, style, and finish. The Badger Basket Changing Table, for example, will cost about $150 and will offer 6 fabric drawers for extra organization. DaVinci has a changing table that contains three drawers and acts like a dresser as well; this will cost about $270.
What is going to be included?
- Most changing tables come unassembled. All the parts and instructions will be included, and sometimes even the tools necessary will be included.
- Changing tables should have a type of safety harness built in ensure that the baby does not roll off the changing table.
- Each and every changing table is going to greatly vary with what it has. Some changing tables that are advanced are going to have drawers, while some are going to be stand-alone systems that don’t have any type of drawers. Some can even be converted down the road once the child doesn’t wear diapers anymore.
What are the extra costs?
- Changing tables will need a changing pad to fit; this is like a small mattress that allows the baby to be comfortable while he is being changed. Some of these changing pads, like the one from Summer Infant, are contoured so that the baby cannot roll around. These will cost around $20.
- Along with the changing pad comes changing pad covers. These can be bought in many different colors and materials to match your nursery. They are also machine washable and will protect your changing pad from being ruined. These will cost $10-$20 each. It is easier to have more than one so that while you are washing one you’ll have another one to replace it.
Top brands to consider:
- Pottery Barn Kids
- South Shore Furniture
How can I save money?
- Changing tables can be purchased used through services such as Amazon or through consignment sales. See mom2momlist.com for listings of consignment sales in your area.
- Consider buying the baby set with the bed, dresser and more. When you purchase these items all together, savings can be had depending on the retailer.
- Consider getting a table that can be converted down the road. That way, when your child gets out of his/her diapers, the table won’t have to be stored somewhere. While these can cost a little more, the investment may be worth it seeing that the changing table won’t collect dust inside of a basement.