How Much Does a Chelsea Piers Gym Membership Cost?
Chelsea Piers, also called the Sports Center, is a well-known sports club with locations in New York and Connecticut. Its main location is in New York located along Manhattan’s Hudson River. Operating since 1996, the 28-acre waterfront sports village provides a full gym and a range of membership benefits. Additionally, a broad array of fitness classes and programs as well as a variety of sports activities and facilities are provided.
How much does it cost?
- Chelsea Piers Connecticut has different membership options and rates. The rates of Squash Membership, which includes tennis and club membership benefits, are as follows: Youth – $100; Single – $200; and, Family – $300. The fees for Club Membership, which includes tennis membership benefits, are as follows: Youth – $45; Single – $95; and, Family – $150. Tennis Membership costs $65.
- According to Timeout.com, membership fee at The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers in New York is $142 to $180 per month.
- According to The Mount Sinai Medical Center, the monthly fee for a membership at the Sports Center is $105 and the annual fee is $1,260. No initiation fee is required.
What is going to be included?
- The Chelsea Piers gym is one of the most prestigious gyms available for membership. There are so many different things offered for people of all ages and walks of life, making Chelsea Piers much more than just a gym.
- Sports. There are many sports facilities available that can help you improve your individual and team skills in many areas. For adults, there are leagues in soccer, basketball, baseball, volleyball, tennis, racquetball, and others. Other sports that are available include boxing and football.
- Training. No matter what your age or experience, you can always learn new things. There are so many training options for members of all different ages at Chelsea Piers. For example, there is a simulator that can teach a person how to ice skate in addition to lessons (both private and class) that can help you master this art. There are opportunities like this for many sports at Chelsea Piers.
- Golf. One of the biggest attractions of Chelsea Piers is their golf facility. This includes a driving range, many putting greens, golf simulators, etc. They even have a sand pit connected to a simulator to practice hitting out of sand.
- Gymnastics. Chelsea Piers offers a great gymnastics program including classes or lessons for all ages and for all levels as well as competitions on their top of the line facilities.
- Activities. There are so many other activities that are offered at Chelsea Piers. There is a rock climbing wall, batting cages, and even a parkour area geared toward teens.
- Skating. There is an ice skating rink called the Sky Rink that offers open skating, skating lessons, and even hockey leagues.
- Youth. All of the things that are available for adults can also be introduced to children. There are leagues, lessons, and camps that run all year round to give you child as many opportunities as possible.
- Fitness. The fitness center at Chelsea Piers offers everything that any major gym offers. There is state-of-the-art equipment that includes cardio as well as weight training. In addition to the machines, there are also tracks that you can run, free weights that you can lift, and other equipment such as balance balls that you can use to increase your strength, balance, and core. The gym also offers classes such as yoga, pilates, cycling, and others. In the fitness center, there is a health spa that includes massage therapy, facials, saunas, etc.
What are the extra costs?
- Training programs for various physical activities are available for a fee. These activities include triathlon training, running, boxing, Pilates, swim workshops, rock climbing, and the use of the club’s state-of-the-art training space for competitive athletes.
- Bicycle-riding members who want to use the club’s secured bike cage can rent an electronic key for a $15 deposit.
- Parents who wish to bring their children to the club on Sundays are required to pay $5 per child.
- The Sports Center can be booked for corporate events such as product launches and team building programs as well as for social events like adult birthday parties and bachelor/bachelorette parties. Members receive preferred pricing.
Tips to know:
- There are no time limits imposed on the use of any of the equipment in the gym.
- The gym has recently been recognized by the Fitness Magazine as the top gym in New York and by Men’s Health for being the best club.
How can I save money?
- Take advantage of the center’s golf club range specials offered daily and on specific days of the week.
- Students and senior citizens who sign up for memberships with Chelsea Piers receive discounted prices.
- Enroll in the club’s Introductory Training Package, which his offered at a 50% discount from the single session prices.
- If you are a new member, avail of spa treatment services offered at 25% off the original prices. Existing members get 15% off all treatments and 10% off all retail products.
- Use your Sports Center ID to obtain discounts such as: 10% off drop-in programs at the Field House and admission at Sky Rink; 10% off pre-paid golf cards at the Golf Club; 10% to 15% off all services and products at The Spa.