How Much Does the Chinese Crested Powder Puff Cost?
The Chinese crested powder puff is a is very versatile and interesting dog. There are so many different looks that this particular breed can have. Some have all of their hair grown out as long as it can go, while others have a traditional dog hair cut. These dogs are known to be lovable, agile, active and love to play.
How much is it?
- On average, the cost of a Chinese crested powder puff ranges anywhere from $300 to $1,400. Males typically sell for a bit less than a female. Also, if the breeder does not include paperwork, the price may be less than $400 to $600. The costs will depend on the dog’s quality, age, history, inclusions, breeder and geographical location.
- According to Bellissimafarms.com, the costs will depend on the lineage, championships, economy and greed of the seller. With their chart, they claim the prices can range anywhere from $450 to as much as $1,500.
- Almostnakedpups.com claims that this particular breed can sell for $300 to as much as $2,000. The cost will depend on the hair quality, movement, bite and breeder.
What is going to be included?
- Chinese crested dogs come in two distinct varieties: hairless and powder puff. The hairless variety does not have any fur except on its head, tail, and feet, while the powder puff has a long, soft coat of fur. The powder puff variety is considered to a very attractive dog and is one of the common pets in the American homes today.
- The Chinese crested powder puff is coated with a variety of colors, which can either be solid, mixed or spotted. The head is usually wedge-shaped as viewed from the side or the top and the body size is generally small and weighs no more than 10 pounds. The eyes with their almond shape always make a color that perfectly matches the color of the dog. The ears, on the other hand, are large and not cropped but stand erect.
- On average, Chinese crested powder puffs can grow up to 11-13 inches.
- Reputable breeders should include registration papers, up-to-date vaccinations, an initial vet exam, health guarantee and a certificate. If the dog is going to be shipped, an authorized shipping crate should be included as well.
What are the extra costs?
- Other than the normal costs associated with all common pets, Chinese crested powder puff comes with no major extra costs. The feeding cost must, however, be considered. The major health conditions associated with this breed includes allergies, eye problems, dental problems, autoimmune disease and other degenerative diseases such as the progressive which implies a need to frequently visit the vet. This breed will also require a well protected and warm kennel.
- Keep in mind that these dogs do not like to be alone. With that being said, a similar companion will be needed, which of course, will result in additional costs. However, many breeders may be willing to provide a discount to those who adopt more than one at a time.
- Since these dogs do not have hair, a sweater is recommended when they are in cold weather.
- With no fur, special skin ointments may be needed to keep their skin looking healthy.
Tips to know:
- This wonderful breed loves human companion and is intelligent when it comes to learning. It should be taught to socialize very when and avoid being timid. It does not easily bark and lacks most of the defensive mechanisms like other dogs do.
- Children should not be allowed to be rough with a Chinese crested powder puff since it does not defend itself very well. Children who are not careful could hurt the dog without even knowing it.
- It also needs constant human leadership and should be promptly corrected when undesired behavior are noticed. Such behavior may include growling, biting or even snapping. They will also need proper exercise and grooming.
- Always make sure that your breeder includes a health guarantee. That way, if something were to happen during the time you owned one, you would not have to responsible for the vet bills.
- When feeding a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, make sure you measure his food carefully since it is very easy for this breed to gain weight
How can I save money?
- In order to buy a Chinese crested powder puff at a reasonable price, it is important to carry out market research. This may involve browsing through the internet to identify the best prices for the dogs with the most desirable characteristics.