How Much Does Chiropractic Care Cost?
According to the American Chiropractic Association, “Chiropractic is a health care profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, and the effects of these disorders on general health. Chiropractic care is used most often to treat neuromusculoskeletal complaints, including but not limited to back pain, neck pain, pain in the joints of the arms or legs, and headaches.”
How much is it?
- The first time you visit a chiropractor, the visit will cost more than a normal visit. This initial exam will require xrays and other tests to let the doctor know what your personal needs are. These will also tell the doctor what type of chiropractic care you need. This initial visit will usually cost around $55 to $200 total. The geographical location will play a rather big role.
- Each subsequent visit to the chiropractor, usually called an adjustment, will cost $50-$150 depending on the doctor, the cost of living in your area, and the severity of your condition.
- Some insurance companies cover chiropractic care while others do not. Check with your insurance company to find out. If your adjustments are covered, then your cost will be reduced to $10-$30 per visit. If covered, you’ll only be responsible for your deductible and co-pay.
What is going to be included?
- According to the AMA, the purpose of an adjustment is “to restore joint mobility by manually applying a controlled force into joints that have become hypomobile – or restricted in their movement – as a result of a tissue injury.”
- A chiropractor will be able to help with problems such as spinal cord issues, back and neck pains. Using their arms and hands, the doctor will apply pressure in certain points to relieve pressure and realign joints. The average session can last anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes.
What are the extra costs?
- Some chiropractic offices also offer massage therapy. This is a therapy for the muscles rather than the bones and will usually cost $30-$50 for a half hour session.
- Some chiropractors can also assist with physical therapy. If they participate with something such as this, it can cost extra as well.
- Many chiropractic offices also offer acupuncture. For more information on the cost of acupuncture, see “How Much Does Acupuncture Cost.”
How can I save money?
- Some people believe that once you start getting adjusted, your body requires it more and more. They would argue that the best way to save money of chiropractic care is simply to never start.
- If you’re part of a gym, some may have discounts with local chiropractors located in the local area. Ask your gym to see if they have any referrals or discounts available.
- Consider paying up front with cash. Most offices will be more than happy to provide a discount to those that pay in full up front. Ask before the session starts to see what kind of discount you can receive.
- Larger groups are going to charge more than the smaller groups. Consider heading to a smaller group to get a better rate. Talk with three different chiropractors to get a good idea on what they are going to charge. It also doesn’t hurt to read reviews either online.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|