How Much Does a Chocolate Fountain Cost?
A chocolate fountain is a piece of culinary equipment that melts chocolate which then flows over a number of levels in the form of a fountain. Chocolate fountains are now considered a must-have at every type of party. Both children and adults enjoy hand-dipped desserts as they swirl marshmallows, fruits, pretzels and whatever else that may taste good under a layer of chocolate. Chocolate fountains not only provide delicious deserts for all guests, but also entertainment and fun as they make deserts exactly how they want them. Chocolate fountains were previously only used by caterers and event planners, but are available to anyone. Many people use them for private parties in their own homes. There are many different sizes and shapes of fountains, and each one can provide different features and can cost different as well.
How much does it cost?
- Chocolate or fondue fountains usually come in 3 sizes that include small, medium and large. Various brands have come up with their own products, and therefore a wide array of products are available from which you can choose. Some cost as low as $40 to as high as $4,000. Everything will depend on what your budget can accommodate and on the purpose for which you are buying one.
- For instance, a website selling top-of-the line chocolate fountain products, ChocoFountain.com, has a price for two sizes that include medium and large. A medium-sized fondue fountain that can serve up to 200 to 500 guests The same website charges $4,999 for a chocolate fountain that is labeled a large/medium combo unit and serves up to 500 to 800 guests. This also comes with free domestic shipping.
- Geatpartyrecipes.com shared her best recommendations based on her own kitchen experience. The best price there is for a product, to quote her, is the Rival Chocolate Fondue Fountain which has all the basic requirements you need it for at an exceptionally cheap price of about $50. It can also hold more chocolate than most in its category. Physically, it is not what you would want your chocolate fountain to look like but for its price and functionality, it is a very good buy.
- The second best buy on her list is The Fundue Fountain manufactured by Fundue Foods. This particular fountain sells for about $240 and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Her main endorsed product, however, is the product manufactured by Sephra, a long-time maker of commercial chocolate fountains. A tested brand for years now, Sephra’s cheapest chocolate fountain available is priced at $250 and is named the Sephra Elite Fondue Fountain. This particular unit can hold up to 6 pounds of chocolate and is made of stainless steel. It is equipped with four temperature settings and a quick assembly system.
- Wilton.com is another famous baking needs supplier that sells their Chocolate Pro™ Fountain for just $109; it holds four pounds of melted chocolate with a 3-level flow.
What is going to be included?
- Most fountains will feature a certain number of tiers, which is usually more than three. Melting the chocolate through the base, the fountain will take the chocolate from the base, bring it to the top, and let it fall to the bottom, creating a fountain.
- Most products manufactured by well-known brands come with a 1-year warranty. This is usually the longest warranty you can get for a home fondue fountain.
- Some brands offer free shipping within the US for a minimum purchase amount with standard shipping time of about three weeks.
What are the extra costs?
- The chocolate to be used with the fountain is to be purchased separately. For smaller fountains, chocolate pouches can retail for $15 to $25, depending on the brand. For instance, the Wilton Chocolate Pro Fountain Chocolate Pouch retails for $15.99 to $20.
- Skewers are recommended to use to dip the items in chocolate. A pack of 100 skewers should not cost any more than $1 to $3.
- Depending on the number of guests, you will need to purchase a certain amount of food that can be dipped in the chocolate. It is safe to plan for each guest to dip five items.
Tips to know:
- There are many different types of chocolate that you can purchase for your fountain, including milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate.
- Maintenance of the chocolate fountain is very important. If it is not cleaned thoroughly and properly, it may not function correctly.
Factors that influence the price:
- Chocolate fondue fountains usually come in three different sizes and prices vary with the sizes.
- Top-of-the-line brand manufacturers command a higher price for their products due to their tested name brands.
How can I save money?
- Amazon and other online stores offer super saver coupons with free shipping.
- The blogger mentioned above does not recommend buying fondue fountains that cost less than $99 since they are quite unstable, noisy and unsteady. However, if you only need it once in a while with its most basic functions, it will get the job done. If you are going to invest the money, consider spending a few hundred dollars on something good that is going to last.
- If you are only going to use the chocolate fountain every once in a while for small parties, consider getting a fondue pot instead. These can be very cheap, and basically provide a bowl of melted chocolate rather than having it flow over a fountain. However, it will provide the same basic function of dipping different foods in chocolate.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|