How Much Does a Christmas Tree Cost?
A Christmas tree has become the most prominent symbol of the holiday season. Once Christmas trees are put up, it represents the start of the Christmas season.
How much does a Christmas tree cost?
- Several factors are considered for the price of Christmas trees. The price can be different depending on the season when you will buy it. Since Christmas trees have different varieties, this will be a factor for the price as well. Natural trees can be more expensive than artificial ones. Also, you need to take note that the taller the trees are, the higher the price of the tree will be. On average, live Christmas trees can range from $30 to $150.
- Most people prefer to buy artificial Christmas trees since they can use the same one every year. Artificial trees are also less messy since there are no needles to clean up and the tree does not require water. An artificial Christmas tree can cost anywhere from $99 to as much as $500 depending on the size and quality of the tree.
- For example, a fake Christmas tree that is sized 36 x 18 inches which has a frosted angel pine design, frosted Jackson and angel pine tree can cost $50 to $100.
- Wal-Mart.com also sells different types of Christmas trees manufactured by different companies. Natural Cut Christmas trees are sold by Wal-Mart and they can cost anywhere from $180 to $750. The trees are bare and they do not have decorations yet, but some of them have designs on the pines.
What is going to be included?
- Natural Christmas trees would include the complete tree. You will get to choose from different trees from the site that you will visit, whether it be a commercial store or a privately owned nursery. On site, most companies will help saw it down as well as wrap it for easy transportation.
- Parts of artificial Christmas trees usually are separated and they are packaged in a box. You will need to assemble the Christmas tree, and the package comes with all the materials and items you will need to complete the job.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra cost for the Christmas tree is the decorations that will be placed on the tree itself. Decorations such as Christmas ornaments and Christmas lights are considered to be extra cost.
- The tree stand will also be an extra cost. Even an artificial tree will need a tree stand.
- If you purchase a live tree but do not have a car large enough to transport it, there may be a delivery charge.
How can I save money?
- Although artificial trees may be more expensive up front, you will be able to save money by buying an artificial tree since they can be used every year. These trees can be placed back in the original packaging and can be cleaned and ready for use whenever the Christmas season arrives.
- For decorations, you can make your own decorations from scraps or unused items around your house. Like artificial trees, you can also re use the decorations every year.
- Purchase lights, decorations, and necessities such as a tree stand during the after-Christmas clearance sales.