How Much Does a Chuck E. Cheese Birthday Party Cost?
Chuck E. Cheese is a chain of family entertainment centers located throughout the United States. Their concept is a sit-down restaurant that is complemented by arcade games, rides, an animatronic show, tubes, and slides. The majority of the restaurant is geared toward children under the age of 14. Chuck E. Cheese is a great place to take your family for a special outing, and it provides a great place for your child and friends to celebrate a birthday. Birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese are sure to make your child’s day extra special.
How much is it?
- In most cases, the price of a birthday party is going to depend on the geographical location, the number of people, food and the package chosen. On average, packages are going to vary anywhere from $12 to $22 per child for a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party. Noted below is what will come with each party package.
- According to this Chron.com article, the average Chuck E. Cheese party is around $12.99 per child at a minimum.
What is going to be included?
- Chuck E. Cheese has three different birthday packages from which you can choose: the star, the super star, and the mega super star. All packages are going to include two hours of table space, a crown, a ticket blaster worth 1,000 tickets, a guitar pick, balloons, 20 tokens per guest, soft drinks, two slices of pizza, a party host, plates, and electronic invitations. The premium packages will include more tokens, tickets, a goody bag, a pinata and ice cream.
- When reserving your party, a non-refundable $30 deposit will be applied toward your future party.
- The games at Chuck E. Cheese range from little kid games that are easy to play to harder games meant for older kids. Some of the games are hands-on such has ski ball, basketball, or guitar hero, while others are simply pushing buttons or steering a wheel. There are also rides and even photo booths that use tokens.
What are the extra costs?
- Any additional food that is not included with the party package will cost extra. For example, a large pizza will cost $15, while a sandwich platter will cost $20.
- If you want to take advantage of a birthday cake, Chuck E. Cheese will charge $10 to $20 depending on the cake size. Individual ice cream cups can be purchased for $1 each.
- Party favor options are available. Additional gift bags, balloons, upgradable cups, and candy can cost $2 to $4 each.
- A pull string pinata that is loaded with tokens and tickets retails for $20.
- The costs added above will only include the children. Plan on adding a few pizzas and drinks for any adults who wish to attend.
- For most birthday parties, the Chuck E. Cheese character will come out and visit the kids. Depending on the location, he may perform magic tricks, perform music, or make balloon animals for the kids.
- If you want actual invitations to give out at school or to send in the mail rather than using the electronic invitations that are delivered through email, you will need to purchase these separately, along with stamps to send them.
Tips to know:
- Know how many people you want to attend your party when booking. If you do not book enough people, the restaurant may not be able to accommodate your request if you need to add more people.
- If you book your party Monday to Thursday, there will be no time limit at the table. This deal will exclude school holidays.
- To find a birthday party in your area, refer to the official Chuck E Cheese search page.
- Consider having your party during the day. During the weekends and at night, it can get fairly crowded. A daytime party will allow your kids to have much more freedom in the arcade and play land.
- Be aware that there are some children who are afraid of large characters, and if Chuck E. Cheese comes out it may scare them. Maybe mention this to parents when sending out the invitations so they can be prepared.
How can I save money?
- If you are going to have less than four to six children, it may be cheaper to walk into the restaurant. Refer to your local restaurant to see what their policy is. Keep in mind that if you do go this route, be sure to clip coupons from your local paper to take advantage of any special promotions or deals.
- During some hours, you may be able to get bonus tokens.
- Always book your party online to take advantage of all the deals.
- Consider bringing in your own dessert to save by avoiding their prices. They allow you to bring in cake, decorations, and ice cream.
- Instead of hosting the whole party there, you could take the kids there to play games and then take them back to your house for pizza, cake, and ice cream.