How Much Does a Circuit Breaker Cost?
A circuit breaker offers protection for the electrical circuits in your home. Electronic appliances are designed to accept a certain amount of electricity to function; if there is too much electricity sent to your electronic device, the overload can fry the different components inside it. If there is not enough electricity sent to the device, then it may short circuit and shut down. This could cause you to lose a lot of unsaved data and could cause other problems.
This is the reason why the electrical circuits in your home are protected by a circuit breaker whose function is to protect an electrical circuit from damage which is caused by overload or short circuit. Circuit breakers can save your electrical appliances and can also aid in preventing fires caused by electrical overload.
How much is it?
- Circuit breakers can be purchased from hardware stores or home improvement stores; they are sold at different prices depending on the store where you will purchase the item. There are also different brands and sizes of circuit breakers, which can also help determine the price.
- Circuit breakers can be purchased within the $7 to $35 price range depending on the type of circuit breaker. Most companies sell a wide range of circuit breakers that have different power ratings and can be used in different houses depending on the need.
- For example, the Siemens Q2020 Two 20-Amp breaker can retail for $9 to $11 while the Absolute CIB100 circuit breaker can retail for $15 to $18.
- One of the sites that sells different kinds of circuit breaker is Plumber Surplus. The website sells circuit breakers that can handle different electrical loads and come in different sizes. The price for the circuit breaker can range anywhere from $25 to $58 depending on the type of circuit breaker.
What is going to be included?
- Circuit breakers include all the parts necessary for you to install the system into your house. They also come with manufacturer’s warranty and the length will depend on the manufacturer.
- Each type of circuit breaker is tested for its quality, which is very important since the circuit breaker is a device that plays a very important role in the flow of electricity in the house.
What are the extra costs?
- You will also need to purchase fuse that will be placed in circuit breakers. Fuses allow proper electrical current to flow through the circuit, and in case there is an overload, the fuse wire will disconnect so the electricity will not run through it.
- Installing a circuit breaker can be a complex task if you are not sure of how to work with the breaker box. Most professionals will do this job for $75 to $150. Using websites such as ServiceMagic.com can help you find contractors in your local area.
How can I save money?
- To save money, make sure that you purchase high quality circuit breakers that comply with safety standards. These will last longer than usual circuit breakers that do not hold the same quality.
- Circuit breakers can be purchased from stores that sell them at discounted prices, which can help you save a few dollars. There are stores that also offer coupons that you can use to save on your purchase. Although it should be noted that when you buy circuit breakers, you are already saving from the cost of wasted appliances.