How Much Does a CNPR Certification Cost?
The CNPR, or Certified National Pharmaceutical Representative, certificate is awarded once an individual completes the CNPR program. This program provides individuals with the vocational training needed for a successful pharmaceutical sales career. Although the demand for pharmaceutical sales representatives has been predicted to decline in the coming years, the number of people who want to acquire a CNPR certification is still high. Acquiring this certification is a must for people with degree or training related to pharmaceuticals. Not to mention that having this certificate can help professionals who are already involved in the field of pharmaceuticals to increase their employment opportunities and qualify for higher rates of pay.
How much does it cost?
- The costs associated with securing a CNPR certification primarily go to the training program a person will undergo prior to the actual examination. The test taken to receive the certificate cannot be taken until the training program has been completed.
- One can purchase a package that includes the program and the test at varying prices. The National Association of Pharmaceutical Representatives (NAPR) offers different program and training packages. Prices of the packages start at $79 and go as high as $239. The price depends on the features included in the package. For the specific features and inclusions of each package, you can check the association’s official site.
- The NAPR also offers a Premium Package that includes Pharmaceutical Executive Magazine, 2012 Pharmaceutical Sales Manual, CNPR Certification Test, NAPR Membership (1 Year), Quizzes, Resume Review, Cover Letter Review and NAPR Career Center. All of these features will cost the applicant $329.
- GreatDegree.com offers a course that aims to help students secure a CNPR certification. The site’s offered program cost $1,595 for 120 hours of training that can be availed at any college or university near your area.
What is going to be included?
- To be eligible for the exam, you need to complete necessary training program. The National Association of Pharmaceutical Representatives offers a 10-day, money-back guarantee return policy for those who purchase materials directly from the website. Since this association is the one that is actually developing and regulating the CNPR certification, it is favorable for you to take hold of training with them rather than an outside school or program.
- You can take the program designed by NAPR at different colleges and universities in the country. However, the classes do not need to be taken in the class room; the students can purchase training program materials directly from NAPR and complete the course online or use a self-study workbook.
- The program, on the other hand, covers general information about the pharmaceutical industry as well as techniques to improve sales. For a detailed overview and outline of the program, you can visit NAPR’s official site at Napsronline.org.
What are the extra costs?
- Basically, there are no extra fees since everything comes in package. However, there are packages that do not include the testing fee itself. The NAPR’s offered courses, for instance, have $79 as the lowest value. This does not include the CNPR Certification Test. Therefore, you will need to pay for the test itself.
- Exam Retake. In the event that you fail the test the first time you take it, you can take it again and pay $39.00.
- Shipping fees. You will be the one to shoulder the shipping expenses for the manuals and materials used for the training program. NAPR’s site stated that the shipping cost is only $9.00.
- Study Materials. If you want to purchase materials outside of what the program offers, plan on spending anywhere from $20 to $100 per book. There are review manuals as well as practice tests that can help you prepare. You could also choose to hire a tutor to help you prepare for the exam.
Factors that influence the price:
- The particular package you get. The total package of NAPR that costs $239.00, for instance, is inclusive to Pharmaceutical Sales Manual, CNPR Certification Test, NAPR Membership (1 Year), Quizzes and NAPR Career Center membership. Other program packages offered by the association may be cheaper but they do not include all of these features.
Tip to know:
- Always bear in mind that the training program in which you enroll is only for preparation purposes for the actual CNPR test. It is not guaranteed you will pass even if you get the most expensive package.
How can I save money?
- Go for the package that suits your budget. There is no point of going for a premium package if you cannot afford it. After all, it all depends on experience and knowledge in the end. If you study hard and rely on your knowledge and skills, you should be able to pass the exam without all the upgraded materials.
- The best way to save money is to pass the test the first time you take it. Retaking the exam will cost you money that you should not need to spend. However, the retake is only $39, while hiring a tutor will probably cost $20-$30 per hour. You may be better off to trust your own study skills and risk having to pay for a retake than to unnecessarily pay for a tutor.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|