How Much Does a Colonic Irrigation Cost?
A colonic irrigation, or colonic hydrotherapy, is the process in which the colon or the large intestine is cleansed by removing everything that is inside the colon, including colon waste and fluids. This is done by gently filling the colon with warm water to flush out the waste. The procedure should be done by professionals, but is usually done in either independent clinics or health spas.
How much does it cost?
- On average, colonic irrigation is going to run anywhere from $30 to as much as $95 for a 30-minute session. Keep in mind, however, that it may take more than one session.
- The ChiangMai Ayurvedic Center, for example, offers colonic irrigation at $34 per person. If you get the procedure done in groups, the cost will be discounted depending on the number of individuals who would like to have colonic irrigation.
- For a group of 3 people, for instance, the center offers $90 per group or $30 per person who gets the colonic irrigation procedure. If there are 5 people in the group, they will need to pay $29 each but only $27 per person in a group of 7 people.
- Maitricolontherapy.com, another center, does colonic irrigation for $65 to $80 per person.
- A 30 to 45-minute session of colonic irrigation costs about $40 to $45 according to Leossalons.com. The $40 to $45 rate is per session for one person only, but the procedure may be done in several sessions.
What is going to be included?
- Most colonic irrigation procedures last from 30 minutes to 1 hour per session. Depending on the purpose of the procedure, colonic irrigation is done in several sessions.
- During the first meeting for a colonic irrigation, the patient should receive a pre-procedural consultation for about 30 minutes or so. The meeting will consist of explanation for the purpose, benefits, risks, and all other important information related to the colonic irrigation process.
- Appointments could be properly done through the phone, email or personal visit to the clinic. Also, it would be best if you can take a look at the clinic to get to know more of its facilities and meet the therapist even before the day of the procedure.
- The entire colonic irrigation procedure should be performed in a sterile manner by a licensed professional.
What are the extra costs?
- Most clinics will ask you to come back every few weeks or so to see the full effect.
- With colonic irrigation will come suggestions for diet. In order for the procedure to have its full effects, this dies should be followed to help the system clean itself out. If this diet includes food you do not normally buy, it will cost you more.
Factors that influence the price:
- Experience of the therapist. The professional doing the colonic irrigation may have just enough or lengthy experience with the process. The more experience a therapist has, the higher the price he may ask for a sessions of colonic irrigation.
- Location. If you choose to do it in a clinic, you will be required to pay for the suggested rate. However, if you do it whole procedure at home, it can be less costly.
- Advancement of facilities. Clinics with state-of-the-art facilities for colonic irrigation will usually ask for a higher price.
Benefits of Colonic Irrigation:
- Increase metabolism in athletes and active people
- Helps ease the stress of any lifestyle changing time period
- Helps ease the symptoms and effects of constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, and diverticulitis. It can also help skin conditions such as psoriasis and shingles.
- Lessens the effects of abdominal pain, headaches, and back or shoulder pain.
- Can help with different diseases of the immune system.
Tips to know:
- It would help you best if you talk to the therapist about the proper diet you should take 2-3 days prior to your scheduled colonic irrigation. This will help to optimize the effects of the procedure.
How can I save money?
- Getting the procedure done in groups can help you save costs for colonic irrigation. If you plan to do one session in a day with a group of friends or family, you can get the procedure at a discounted rate.
- If you want to save on colonic irrigation, you do not have to go to expensive clinics for the procedure. You can actually do it yourself with colonic irrigation home kits. You will only have to get them and follow instructions properly. However, results are not as clean as when it is done by professionals, but you can really save some money if you opt to do it at home.
- You can also watch out for promotional offers. Some clinics that celebrate anniversaries or any occasion may offer their procedures in discounted rates.
- Some colonic irrigation clinics provide gift vouchers for free sessions. This is actually great if you want to spend some time for self pampering or treating a friend for some health improvement clinic visit.