How Much Does It Cost to Dye Shoes?
Dyeing a pair of shoes is often seen as a practical alternative to buying a new pair, especially when the shoes need to match an outfit made for a special occasion. With custom shoe dyeing services provided by an experienced professional, accomplishing the preferred attire becomes an easy as well as a cost-effective task. This service is often used for weddings and other special events as a way to get a pair of shoes to match a dress perfectly.
How much does it cost?
- On average, a pair of shoes that has to be dyed is usually going to cost anywhere from as little as $10 to as much as $35 for rush orders.
- Shoes To Dye For & More in Natick, Massachusetts, offers shoe dyeing services for $12. The process takes approximately 7 to 10 days. Rush jobs, in which shoes can be dyed in less than a week, are also offered and cost $25.
- Dye N Shoes Today in West Palm Beach, Florida, offers shoe dyeing services for $20 for a pair of shoes not bought through their store. Emergency dyeing services cost $35 plus the cost of shipping.
- DyeMyShoes.com in Somersworth, New Hampshire, offers shoe dyeing services for $17.50 a pair for continental US orders. The price does not include the cost of shipping the shoes to the company.
What is going to be included?
- Shoe dyeing companies often require customers to download and fill out an order form, send the pair of shoes to be dyed along with the completed form, and the payment. When placing a job order for shoe dyeing online, customers will need to specify the color option typically from a drop down menu or from an array of colors. Or, they may also be required to send a sample of a material, such as a fabric swatch, so that the color can be matched to it. Typically, white satin and silk shoes are the types that can be dyed.
- The price for the shoe dyeing service may or may not include the cost of shipping the shoes to and from the customer. The length of time it takes to finish the job may vary from one company to the next.
- The length of time required to finish a job can take 7 days to 3 weeks, depending on the service provider. With some companies, a shoe dyeing job can take up to 12 business days from receipt date (including shipping the shoes back to the customer), depending on the customer’s location.
What are the extra costs?
- When sending the shoes to a shoe dyeing company, customers will need to pay for the cost of shipping the shoes to the provider. It is typical for some companies to include the cost of freight entailed in sending the shoes back to the customer. At some companies, shipping can cost $45 for a next-day delivery for a single pair of shoes and about $19 for the 3-day air option.
- The cost of dyeing a pair of shoes does include the shoes themselves; these will need to be purchased separately.
- As stated above, rush orders are going to cost more than standard orders.
Tips to know:
- Make sure to ask the service provider first if the shoes you want dyed is actually dyeable. Some companies will not claim responsibility for the cost of the return shipping of shoes that cannot be dyed. Generally, only white satin and silk shoes that are created to dyed can be dyed. Shoes that come in colored material cannot be dyed.
- Dyed shoes are not waterproof since shoe dye is usually manufactured from a water soluble base. This means that when the shoes come in contact with water, they will likely run or bleed.
- If a pair of dyed shoes gets dirty, do not clean them. Instead, dye over them with a darker color. If not, apply a water repellant spray on them.
- Shoe dyeing companies typically require customers to specify if the shoes will be worn at an indoor or outdoor event. Colors look different from indoor to outdoor/natural lighting. Changes in color are often unavoidable and occur because of different light settings, which are usually due to the fabric being dyed.
How can I save money?
- Check for discounts offered on shoe dyeing services. Often, sending several shoes to be dyed enable customers to enjoy significant discounts off the regular price.
- If you are not in a hurry to get back the pair of shoes sent for dyeing, choose the most affordable shipping option. It may take a while before the shoes are returned, but you can save on the costs of shipping.
- Do research on the various companies that offer shoe dyeing services. Choose one with the least expensive option that suits your preferences and requirements.
- If you do not mind being crafty on your own, consider dying the shoes yourself. Most supplies can be purchased for as little as $5 to $10.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|