How Much Does it Cost to Repipe a House?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Repiping a house is a procedure performed to restore, repair, or replace the pipes that are installed in your house and are used for plumbing. Since pipes are hidden or installed within the walls of your house, the cost to repipe a house can be expensive and messy. The cost to repipe a house usually depends on the type of material that will be used to replace the existing pipes. The length of the pipes that will be installed in the house can also be a factor for the difference in the price as can the contractor that is performing the job.
How much is it?
- On average, plan on spending anywhere from $5 to $10 per square foot of the home. Quotes for this type of service are going to greatly vary. The price to repipe a house will greatly depend on the material.
- For example, a 1,500 square foot home could cost upwards of $7,500 to $15,000. Flexible piping is going to cost less than a durable material such as copper. Repiping a house can be expensive, but the benefits outweigh the cost as this will deliver convenience to you and save you money on future costly repairs.
- Plumbers may charge per supply line rather than per square footage. If this is the case, the fees can range anywhere from 1,200 to $2,100 per supply line.
- A customer in the state of Pennsylvania paid $7,800 to have her 1,400 square foot home repiped.
- According to the site Home-Master.net, the price for repiping a house ranges anywhere from $1,400 to $4,000 for smaller jobs.
- A home building and improvement site such as FriendlyPlumber.com shows that repiping a house can range anywhere from $4,500 to $6,500.
- The company Repipe Nevada provides house repiping service in the Nevada and they show the price for their services through their site. This site shows that the price for the procedure can range anywhere between $5,000 and $10,000.
What is going to be included?
- During the procedure, all pipes within the home will be gutted out and replaced. Walls will be torn apart, being replaced later. Some of the most common reasons that people repipe a home are due to the age of the home or the homeowner’s prefererence to change the material of the pipe.
- The payment for the service will cover the fee for the labor of the repair man. All of the materials and tools that they will use will also be covered by the payment.
What are the extra costs?
- Any additional length of piping that will be used will be an extra cost. This is if the materials used exceeded the minimum amount used by the contractor from the initial estimate.
- Complex jobs that require more work than a basic job can add to the total costs.
- If additional items need to replaced such as bath tub, toilet, etc., the cost will increase.
Tips to know:
- When hiring a plumber, make sure that the plumber is reputable, bonded and insured in the area. Local states should have a database where this information can be obtained.
- Always be sure to get references of previous jobs. Reputable plumbers will have referrals as well as before and after pictures.
- Consider alternative solutions if the home has to be repiped. Most experienced plumbers will be able to give you a good idea on what is going to work best for your home.
How can I save money?
- One way to save money is to choose cheaper materials.
- All you have to do to save money is to look for different companies that offer the same service and get a quote. The company that can provide the lowest price is the best bet, but check if the work they have done is any good through reviews posted online. Use online services such as Service Magic to help find the lowest quote in your area.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|