How Much Does Cotton Candy Cost?
Cotton candy is a type of spun sugar that is light and fluffy and melts in your mouth. A delight to kids of all ages, cotton candy is one of the sweet treats that people look forward to eating during fairs and other special events. After all, it is really difficult to imagine carnivals, fairs and circuses without the sight of kids holding the pink and blue clouds of spun sugar. Whether you want to make a business out of making cotton candy or you just simply want to experience the joys of eating the fluffy pink confection all over again, knowing the average price of cotton candy is a must to get started.
How much does it cost?
- According to CottonCandyExpress.com, the price for cotton candy usually depends on the state in which you live. Sellers usually sell cotton candy for as low as $1.00 or as high as $2.50 per stick.
- Instead of buying cotton candy, you can create your own cotton candy with the use of pre-packaged cotton candy packs. For instance, a brand manufactured by Cotton Candy Express is sold on Amazon.com for $24.95 and includes free shipping. The kit can make an average of 24 to 30 servings per container; that is 120 – 150 serving per pack. However, other brands may have higher or lower prices than the featured brand. You can check out several sites in the internet and look for individual prices for this product.
- The price comparison site Nextag.com also gives the diverse prices of pre-packaged cotton candy kits. A particular brand of prepackaged cotton candy is sold at $35 on average. The said kit can make an ample amount of cotton candy.
What is going to be included?
- If you are just buying a serving of cotton candy at a fair, carnival or in the mall, the fee will be basically for the cotton candy itself. However, if you opt for the pre-packaged cotton candy kits, there will be a few different things included in the package. First, there will be a container of cotton candy floss sugar. There will then be different flavors such as vanilla, grape, orange that can be used to add flavor and color to the cotton candy. Finally, the plastic containers that are needed for serving the cotton candy will be included.
What are the extra costs?
- If you are simply purchasing cotton candy at a fair or through a vendor, there will most likely be no extra charges. Sometimes vendors accept tips, however.
- For the pre-packaged cotton candy kits that will be bought online, you may need to consider the shipping fees in your purchase. Not to mention the minimal taxes that might be charged to you based on your location in the country.
- If you are starting a cotton candy business, you will probably need to spend some money on getting a permit for your business. Most states require a vendor permit to sell any kind of food item. However, cotton-candy vendors have an easier time getting permits than those selling cooked food since there are only a few ingredients. In addition to a permit, you will also need the machine that is used to make the cotton candy. SEE: “How much does a cotton candy machine cost?“
- Other items that will be necessary for making your own cotton candy are the paper cones used to hold it as well as plastic in which you can wrap the cotton candy. This is important to keep the cotton candy fresh and to prevent it from going stale.
Factors that influence the price:
- Cotton candy manufacturer/Brand. This applies for the pre-packaged cotton candy kits that are sold by different cotton candy manufacturers. Like any other products on the market, the brand is the determinant of the price of the product as well as the quality. Some reputable brands charge higher prices than others.
- Location. As mentioned, cotton candy stores based their prices on the location which greatly affects the competition in the field. As we all know, less competition gives an opportunity for businessmen to charge prices that are above the average range. If buying fresh-spun cotton candy, you will most likely pay more at an even such as a professional sports game than you will in a setting such as a county fair.
Tips to know:
- Always remember not to make spun sugar “cotton candy” by hand when children or pets are nearby.
- If you have a cotton candy business, there are things you need to consider in using your cotton candy machine. For tips and suggestions, CottonCandyExpress.com gives important points that cover anything about cotton candy, from making a delicious candy to cleaning the machine, everything can be found on the site.
How can I save money?
- If you are starting a cotton candy business, always know where to look for the best yet cheapest materials for your business. This includes the necessary machines and the flavors needed.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|