How Much Does a Cruise Wedding Cost?
Cruise weddings have been gaining popularity across the world, especially among adventurous couples who want to have their event be special and unique. Perhaps the idea of having a built-in honeymoon, excursions, sightseeing, and touring rolled into one package makes it attractive, not to mention cost-effective.
Unlike in the not-so-distant past when a destination wedding was unheard of, many companies now are designing special wedding packages. The weddings can be performed on board the ship in a public room on cruise ships. However, the wedding could also be performed at a port of call or even somewhere on one of the islands the ship visits.
How much does it cost?
- On average, depending on the destination, the price for a wedding package on board a cruise ship can range from $800 to $5,500 per couple. However, these prices can be significantly higher depending on the circumstances and conditions. This is for the wedding only and does not include cruise tickets or any other travel expenses. See the extra costs below.
- Vow renewal packages can range from $200 to $700 depending on the setup that is needed.
- A wedding on board a cruise ship can start at $795, according to a Cruisecritic.com.
- Princess.com offers three wedding packages, namely: The Tie the Knot at Sea, Tie the Knot Harborside, and Tie the Knot Ashore. The Tie the Knot at Sea costs $2,266, while the prices for the two other wedding packages vary according to the port of call where the ceremony is going to be held. Below are the different prices for Tie the Knot Harborside and Tie the Knot Ashore:
- Antigua — $1,800 to $2,600
- Aruba — $1,800 to $2,800
- Bermuda — $2,800 to $4,900
- Cozumel — $2,100 to $2,800
- Ft. Lauderdale — $1,700
- Grand Cayman — $2,000 to $2,800
- Juneau — $1,900 to $2,800
- Honolulu — $2,000
- Jamaica — $2,000 to $2,600
- Nassau — $2,100 to $2,800
- New York — $2,500
- Seattle — $1,800
- St. Thomas — $1,900 to $2,500
- St. Kitts — $2,100 to $2,800
- St. Lucia — $2,100 to $2,600
- St. Maarten — $2,300 to $3,100
What is going to be included?
- If the wedding is held off of the ship, it will usually be done on an island.
- The wedding can be held in a lounge, library or a boardroom. But if the ship has a chapel, the ceremony can be held there.
- Many wedding packages can include the following amenities, for example:
- Wedding chapel or any of the onboard location
- Candlelit ceremony
- Ship captain to perform the ceremony
- Special vows at sea
- Wedding coordinator onboard
- Pre-recorded ceremony music
- Two fresh floral arrangements to decorate the location of the wedding ceremony
- A dozen of rose bouquet
- One 16×20 canvas wall portrait
- 9-inch wedding cake
- A bottle of champagne
- Two champagne flutes from Princess
- Memento wedding certificate
What are the extra costs?
- The cost of the wedding itself is separate from the cost of the cruise. The cost of a cruise can range from $300 to $1000 per person. This will depend on the room you choose (you may want a nicer room since it is your honeymoon as well) and the time of year.
- Each guest will be responsible for his room and board. If you have family members traveling with you, they will need to book the cruise in the same way you do.
- You may also want to have some fresh flower arrangements and decorations that can be considered an additional cost. The cruise ship can usually take care of this since it would be hard to transport this type of thing.
- Reception and wedding cakes are also another extra expense.
- Transportation to getting to the port will not be provided. You may also need to fly to get to the city in which the port is located, and you may need to pay for a hotel.
- Licensing fees can range from $200 to $500.
Factors that influence the price:
- The wedding costs vary depending on where you want to hold the occasion.
- An elaborate and farther from the cruise ship wedding event is more expensive than at sea or at the harbor side.
- Other contributing factors that affect the cost of a cruise wedding include the grade cabin you choose, the number of guests, shore excursions, and the length of the cruise.
Tips to know:
- A cruise wedding is the easiest kind of destination wedding to prepare because there are already companies that organize such events. You just have to consult any of them and they will do the rest for you. If choosing a cruise ship wedding, choose a carrier that has wedding packages that are already put together.
- Cruise lines to consider include Carnival, Celebrity, Azamara and Royal Caribbean.
- Wedding ceremonies can be held in any of the ports of call. Keep in mind that some port of calls can be skipped due to the violent weather.
- Couples can also renew their marriage vows on board a cruise ship.
How can I save money?
- It is cheaper to hold the wedding event at sea rather than a port of call..
- Choose a cheaper grade cabin and minimize the number of your guests so you may cut down on your cruise wedding expenses.
- As with any vacation, be sure to compare prices with a handful of cruise lines.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|