How Much Do Dahlias Flowers Cost?
If you want Dahlias Flowers for a wedding, or maybe you want to purchase some for your garden, you may be curious on what they are going to cost you. These flowers generally flower throughout the Summer months, and generally bloom all the way until the first frost. These flowers are very common for wedding bouquets.
How much is it?
- On average, a dahlia flower can cost anywhere from $4 to as much as $14 per flower. For example, the online merchant Dahlias.com has a wide array that range from $4 to $9. An “AHOY MATEY” retails for $5.95 while a “INNOCENCE” will retail for $8.95.
- According to DansDahlias.com, a lavender and white April Dawn Dahlia will cost $6. These are your medium sized flower.
- One such as an Alloway Candy that is pink in color will cost $5. Another brand such as an Alpen Cherub runs $4.
- A hot seller such as the Bodacious can run as much $8. These flowers can grow up to four feet tall. Another popular seller such as the Verrone’s Obsidian can be as much as $20.
- For those that want to purchase a packet of 25 simple seeds can be as little as $3.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on how much you get, you will be able to receive the bulb in a packaging if you choose to order online.
- If you purchase through a nursery, you may get the potting soil as well as full bloom flower that you can transfer straight to your garden.
What are the extra costs?
- If your garden is going to require potting soil, this is more than likely going to cost you extra. Even if your flower comes with soil, it may not be enough.
- Water, as well as fertilizer will be recommended so that the flower can reach it’s full potential.
Tips to know:
- The average dahlia can grow anywhere from 1 to 6 feet tall. Common colors that these flowers come in include pink, purple, red, yellow and white.
- Dahlias are classified by their shape and the arrangement of the petals. Some of the types will include the single-flowering, orchid-flowering and colaretts.
- When planting this type of flower, be sure to plant it in an area that receives at least 6 hours of sunny weather. It’s also ideal to have the flower protected from higher winds as well These flowers will grow best in organic based soils.
- Dahlias are very sensitive to freezing temperatures. It’s ideal to wait until the last frost of the season has passed before the flower is planted, spacing the flowers at least three to four feet apart.
- In the summer months, dahlias should have a 3 to 4 inche layer of mulch applied since they are heavy users of water. It’s essential that the soil remains moist.
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing the seeds, and planting them yourself. Seeds are usually 40-60% cheaper.
- Check out various stores online that sell them in bulk.
- Consider a local farmer’s market or farm in your area where you can buy straight from the source. This will help levy shipping charges.