How Much Does Deep Sea Fishing Cost?
A deep sea fishing charter can be conducted off many of the ocean’s big cities such as New Orleans and Panama City. These charters will travel a few miles offshore to areas that are known for its fish. These charters can either be private or can have as many as 50 or more people on the boat. During a fishing charter, many boats will throw bait fish off the edge of the boat to lure in the fish. The cost of a fishing charter is going to greatly depend on the company, the size of the boat, how long you will be out at sea, time of year and geographical location.
How much is it?
- On average, a charter can range anywhere from $400 to as much as $2,500 depending on the length of the day. Keep in mind that most charter, deep sea fishing boats are going to be able to accommodate up to 6 people.
- Most charters out there will charge per 4 hour blocks. For example, it may be $500 to $800 per 4 hours, or $780 to $1,400 for 8 hours. Generally, the longer you stay out at sea, the more of a discount you will get per hour. If the charter charges by the hour, the fees can range anywhere from $150 to $330 per hour.
- A group charter is going to charge on a per person basis. These prices can range anywhere from $100 to $500 per person depending on the length of the charter.
- For example, a deep sea fishing charter that is located in Destin, Florida charges anyhwere from $150 to $180 per hour.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to have a meal while on board, many charters may offer a box lunch ahead of time or even offer snacks while on board.
- Charters may have an premium fee for those that go over the person capacity or use a credit card for payment.
- Deciding to keep the fish after the excursion may result in a fish cleaning fee. The fish will be cleaned as well as packaged for immediate freezing.
What is going to be included?
- All the necessary tackle and bait required to catch the fish will be included. While you are more than welcome to bring your own bait on board, the captain is going to recommend particular baits to have the most success.
- A fishing license may be included with the charter according to local state laws and guidelines.
- Depending on the time of the season, the fish that can be caught are going to greatly vary. Some of the most common deep sea fish that you may catch include Group, Amber Jack, Marlin, Sailfish, Wahoo, Speckled Trout, Snappers and more.
How can I save money?
- Group charters are going to cost a lot less than a private deep sea fishing adventure. While a group charter will have more people, the cost per person will be significantly less.
- It is best to reserve your boat ahead of time online. Showing up on the spot to hop on a boat will more than likely cost 50% more.