How Much Does Deworming a Cat Cost?
Deworming a cat is a procedure performed to remove parasitic worms inside a cat through the use of methods such as medication. Cats often obtain these parasites through their mouth in the food they eat, and they can cause the cat to get very sick. Symptoms of cats that have parasites present in their bodies are weight loss, anemia, poor condition of coat, and vomiting. These conditions can make your cat ill and, if left unnoticed, it can even lead to death. Depending on the type of deworming procedure that will be performed on the cat, the price for deworming greatly varies.
How much is it?
- There are different ways of administering deworming solutions to a cat. Depending on the advice of a veterinarian, the suitable solution can be different thus making the price differ as well. Medication is one of the most common ways to deworm a cat. The price for dewormer medications can cost anywhere from $9 and $180 depending on the amount of medicine and number of doses. Most purchases are going to be within the $9 to $30 price tag range.
- For example, a popular product such as the Tape Worm Tablets for Cats manufactured by Tradewinds retails for $11 to $28.
- An online retailer such as PurfectCatSupply.com sells cat deworming solutions with a variety of products that they sell. Their cat dewormers range from paste to tablets that can be used to remove whipworms, roundworms and hookworms. The price can be anywhere from $5 to $15.
- Taking the kitten or cat to a veterinarian office can cost anywhere from $40 to as much as $150 to complete the entire deworming process. The geographical location can play a rather big role on the price of the deworming.
What are the extra costs?
- Before you administer dewormers to cats, you will need to consult with your veterinarian to make sure that you will be providing the proper solution to the problem. Vet visits can start at $45 per visit. If additional problems are found, more tests may be required down the road.
- It is recommended that all of the cat’s items such as the litter box, food bowls, and toys are disposed of or cleaned out completely with bleach.
- If the cat does in fact have worms, additional tests may be required and most vets will recommend treatment plans that can total more than $400 depending on the severity of the problem.
What is going to be included?
- Dewormers are stand alone products that can be administered orally. These tablets can come in the form of a liquid or a tablet. Once taken, the medication will attack the intestinal parasites.
How can I save money?
- There are websites that offer the medicine at discounted price if you buy in bulk. Some sellers set a minimum number of purchases that will allow you to get the products at a special discounted price. If you are unsure of what medication to purchase, consider talking with a vet before making any purchases.
- Prevention is key when preventing worms. If you think that your cat does have worms, a vet visit is generally the only way that they will go away.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|