How Much Do Diamond Earrings Cost?
Diamond earrings are considered some of the most expensive pieces of jewelry you can purchase. Because of this large financial commitment and investment, it’s important to know what these earrings can cost.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of diamond earrings will greatly depend on the size of the diamond, the design, the setting, and the jeweler.
- On average, be prepared to spend anywhere from as little as $150 to as much as $15,000 for a pair of diamond earrings. For example, a 1/4 carat can cost $150 to $500, while a 1 carat earring can retail for $1,000 to $4,000. Diamond earrings that are as large as two carats can cost upwards of $5,000 or more.
- Diamond Studs Only in Tulsa, Oklahoma, offers diamond stud earrings priced according to carat, clarity, color, and cut. A 1/4 carat pair can retail for $175 to $400, while a two carat set can retail for $3,500 to more than $14,000.
- Tiffany & Co. offers a range of diamond earrings including the following: drop earrings, flower earrings, heart earrings, bar earrings and hoop earrings. Each set ranges anywhere from as little as $1,500 to more than $8,000.
What is going to be included?
- Diamond earrings come in a very broad collection of designs, colors, shapes, and styles. The gemstones also vary according to carat weight, cut, color, and clarity. Also known as the 4Cs, these factors are used by jewelers to assess the quality of a diamond.
- When purchasing diamond earrings online, you will find that some suppliers give you the option to build your own diamond studs. You will be asked to select a diamond shape, a setting style, and the type of diamond. A number of setting styles are available to choose from. Some of the options include 14K gold (white or yellow) and platinum.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping fees may apply if the jewelry is purchased online.
- Purchasing an extended warranty, outside of the original manufacturer warranty, can cost a hundred dollars or so per year.
Factors that influence the price:
- 4Cs. The cost of diamond earrings depends on the 4Cs: carat, cut, color, and clarity. Diamonds with a higher carat weight, are well-cut, have a lesser color, and have fewer blemishes are normally among the most expensive ones.
- Shipping. Buying online entails paying for shipping charges, which depend on location, amount of the order, and mode of shipment. Some dealers will ship the order at no cost when the total amount of the order exceeds their minimum requirement.
- Source. Diamonds are among the most sought after jewels, which can explain the sky-high cost involved. While there are various factors that go into play in terms of diamond prices, purchasing them at internationally famous luxury jewelers are often more expensive than when obtaining them at less famous stores.
Tips to know:
- Diamonds come with a certificate that provides their identity and details the characteristics and the value of the gems. Diamond dealers typically obtain them from independent laboratories that hold the proper certifications and licenses.
- Some of the principal elements you will find in a diamond certificate include a plotted diagram of the diamond as well as a list of all its important characteristics and qualities, including carat weight, color, clarity, shape, precise measurements, blemishes, and the quality of its polish and symmetry. Keep this certificate someplace safe in case you want to sell these earrings in the future.
- When making a purchase for a pair of diamond earrings, make sure that a diamond certificate is presented. The document should contain information on where the diamond evaluation was performed and who conducted it. Ideally, the certificate should be issued by an independently accredited gem laboratory not connected with the purchase or sale of the diamond.
How can I save money?
- When buying diamond earrings online, check for complimentary shipping offers. Such promotions are usually applicable to orders that reach the store’s minimum order amount.
- Check for diamond earrings promotions. Some suppliers offer discounts as well as free diamond hoops for purchases of more than $300.
- Check with an outlet center. These centers can often have diamond earrings for a fraction of the costs.