How Much Does a Diaper Genie Cost?
Disposing of baby diapers can sometimes be a challenge. Between the amount of waste and the smell, the inconvenience can add up rather quickly. The diaper genie, a trash can made specifically for diaper disposal, may be able to help. The system works in a unique way where the user will be able to place a customized bag in the Genie. When the foot pedal is activated, the Genie will open up allowing you to dispose of the diaper. Once the top lid closes, the lid in the middle will close as well to prevent the smell from lingering around the room.
How much is it?
- On average, the Diaper Genie is going to cost anywhere from $25 to $50 depending on the model as this brand has a few different models that are available for sale.
- The Diaper Genie can be found at any store that sells baby supplies, such as Babies R Us and Target. A Diaper Genie can cost anywhere from $25-$40 depending on the store, the time of year, and the current sales ads.
- Diaper Genie is specific name brand of this type of product. Other companies make similar items, such as the Diaper Champ and the Diaper Dekor Plus. These brands will fall in the same price range.
What is going to be included?
- The Diaper Genie brand holds the “patented AIR-TITE® disposal system with a multi-layer film and Push-N-Lock clamp keeps odors and germs in the pail and away from your baby.” This brand also has the capabilities to include antimicrobial protection.
- Most diaper disposal systems come with a limited supply of disposal bags.
What are the extra costs?
- The Diaper Genie uses trash bags specific to its brand. These can be bought in refill packs for about $20. While second hand bags can be purchased, many find that these don’t work as well as the name branded ones.
How can I save money?
- Purchasing a different brand other than Diaper Genie can help save money on purchasing specialty trash bags. Most other diaper disposal systems use regular store brand trash bags.
- Some mothers consider a diaper disposal system unnecessary. A small trash can that had a lid may just do the trick. If you want to control the smell, consider the Diaper Genie, but if you have quick access to a dumpster or a trash bin outside of the room, the purchase will be unnecessary.
- If you’re going to be purchasing the bags each and every month, consider using services online such as Amazon’s Subscribe and Save. This system can help you save upwards of 20% of your purchase each and every month.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|