How Much Does Dishwasher Repair Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A dishwasher is an appliance used in the kitchen to wash dishes mechanically instead of washing them by hand. However, just like any machine or appliance, a dishwasher can stop working for a variety of reasons. The dishwasher has many different parts that all work together to do the job. If even one part breaks or begins to malfunction, the appliance will no longer do its job properly. Because of the nature of the dishwasher, many repairs will have to be done by a professional rather than by the owner.
How much is it?
- Dishwasher repair maybe done by an authorized service center or a third party repair center. You have the option to bring your dishwasher to either, but check the warranty of the dishwasher first. The cost of getting your dishwasher repaired depends on several factors such as the brand name of the dishwasher, the problem it is having, as well as the location where you will take the dishwasher to be repaired. On average, the cost to repair a dishwasher can cost anywhere from $60 to as much as $300.
- For example, ApplianceRepairSouthHouston.com is a repair center in Houston, Texas, that performs repair for different appliances. The price for dishwasher repair offered by this service can range from $60 to $100. They also offer a competitive pricing scheme, matching any other offer plus 5% off of it.
What is going to be included?
- If your dishwasher is still covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, the repair will be free. The warranty may cover the cost for the parts as well as the labor incurred for the repair process.
- The repair personnel will evaluate the current condition of the dishwasher. He will check which parts are broken and which ones need to be replaced.
What are the extra costs?
- If the manufacturer would just cover the cost for the labor, the customer will have to shoulder the cost for any parts that need to be replaced.
- If your dishwasher is already past its warranty, the whole repair procedure will be paid in full including the parts for the appliance.
- If you are unable to take your dishwasher to an appliance repair center and you need someone to come to your home to fix it or to pick it up, there will be extra fees for traveling.
Tips to know:
- There may be a lot of repair centers that could offer services to repair your dishwasher, but it is important to go to the authorized service center of the company that manufactured it.
- If you notice that your dishwasher is not functioning normally or if you hear any unusual sounds coming from it, it is better to have it checked since there maybe something wrong with it. The earlier you do something about it, the less it will cost to have it repaired.
- Do not be surprised if the price for the repair service is different for each brand of dishwasher since each one has different qualities.
- Make sure you contact the manufacturer regarding your warranty before you take your dishwasher in for repair. Some warranties require that you go to a specific repair center in your area and will only cover the costs if this requirement is followed.
- Because of the nature of the warranty, you may have to front the cost of repair and have the manufacturer reimburse you.
How can I save money?
- To save on repair costs, you can check if the dishwasher is still under warranty. If a product is under warranty from the manufacturer, you may just have to pay for the parts that need to be replaced. There are times that the repairs and parts will be covered by the warranty. If you know that your warranty is running out, consider purchasing an extended warranty through services such as SquareTrade.
- Make sure that you go to a service center that is certified by the manufacturer. They have parts and repair personnel trained to handle the specific appliance made by the manufacturer.
- There are repair centers that offer their services at discounted rates. They also offer coupons that would reduce the price of the services.
- Depending on what is wrong with the dishwasher and how old it is, it may be cheaper to simply purchase a new dishwasher.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|