How Much Does a Disney Cruise Cost?
A Disney cruise, owned and operated by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, is specifically designed to create a complete Disney-themed experience for the entire family all aboard one ship. While on these ships, guests are accommodated in spacious rooms and have access to many things such as state-of-the-art and original entertainment facilities, Disney-themed ambiance, a sumptuous dining experience, personalized service, and so many more amenities.
One good thing about Disney cruises is that even if it is meant to be a family-oriented trip, adults and children can enjoy some carefree moments apart from one another because of the varying themed-activities and facilities offered on board. There are some activities and areas made with children in mind, while others are made for the parents or for the family as a whole.
How much does it cost?
- Like most cruises, the cost is going to depend on where you want to go on the cruise, the room that you want while on the ship, and the length of the cruise. The cost of a Disney cruise can vary anywhere from as little as $400 to as much as $10,000 per person.
- For example, a seven-night cruise in Alaska and the Pacific Coast costs around $900 to $2,800 per person in a double occupancy cabin without a veranda. For a suite room with an adjoining deck, the cost usually starts from $1,700 up to $10,00.
- On the other hand, Bahamian cruises offer a number of packages and varied number of cruise nights. Its 3-night cruises may cost between $450 and $1,100 without veranda, or from $600 to $6,000 with veranda.
- A 3-night Disney cruise to the same area costs around $600 to $1,500 for an inner cabin or from $750 to $8,000 for a room with deck.
- Moreover, the Disney 8-night cruise package costs between $1,200 and $3,000 for an inner room and between $2,000 and $11,000 for a suite with a veranda.
- The cost of a seven-night adventure with the Caribbean cruises starts from $750 up to $10,000. The Mexican Riviera offers the same duration of trip at a cost that starts from $600 to as much as $11,000.
- The Canada and New England five-night cruise package costs around $700 to $7,500.
- BestPriceCruises.com lists their prices anywhere from $566 to as much as $1,800.
- Cruise.expedia.com offers the following cruise destination prices on Disney Cruise Line:
- Alaska for 7-9 nights — $999 to $1,600
- Bahamas for 3-9 nights — $400 to $1,000
- Caribbean for 4-7 nights — $550 to $1,200
- Europe for 4-12 nights — $800 to $2,600
- Pacific Central for 4-7 nights — $400 to $800
- Panama Canal for 14 nights — $1,400 to $1,600
What is going to be included?
- The above cruise packages are inclusive of a 24-hour room service.
- There are cozy family accommodation in staterooms, complete with TV, split bathrooms with shower and bath, and amenities.
- Dining in the ships’ main restaurants, buffet, and casual fare areas is included with the cruise package.
- Adults can take advantage of the gyms. Some ships also offer work out area and spas for teenagers.
- Clubs for children of different age groups offer various daily activities. Parents can drop off the kids at one of these activities and then go enjoy other attractions.
- Entertainment includes the appearance of Disney characters, high-technology theaters, Broadway-style performances, nightclubs, and lounges.
What are the extra costs?
- Alcoholic beverages are an extra cost to think about. Alcoholic beverages can be purchased through room service, the formal dining area, or from any of the night clubs or lounges.
- If you have babies, you may want to think about group babysitting, the price of which is not included in the package.
- Most ships also provide baby diapers and other baby needs at separate prices. While this is an extra charge, it may be worth it for the convenience. Otherwise, you will have to pack all of these items.
- You will be expected to tip the members of the crew who assist you throughout the cruise.
- Onshore activities, such as local tours, car rental, and snorkeling, are priced separately.
- Adults may spend extra to avail of the adult-exclusive restaurants and spas that are offered away from children.
- Government fees and taxes are not included in the packages.
- Transportation and lodging when heading to the port to take off will not be part of the costs. This can include hotel stays, car rentals, airline fares, etc.
Factors that influence the price:
- Prices vary according to your choice of cabin, the length of cruise, and the number of ports of call that the cruise makes.
- The time of year can play an important role. For example, summer rates will be much higher than the winter.
- Suites and rooms with private verandas are more expensive than the inner cabins.
- Some ports of call may have higher fees.
Tips to know:
- Disney cruises have family fun activities and varied family-oriented entertainments.
- You may book directly through Disney Cruise Line, which also offers a free cruise planning guide.
How can I save money?
- If you are military personnel or one of your family members is serving in the military, you can enjoy some discount on the cruise packages.
- Check for special cruise promotions or on-board credit. Many third party websites will have a lot of deals that you can sort through.
- Go through the varied packages and choose the one that best suits your family budget.