How Much Does a Dozen Eggs Cost?
A dozen eggs is the form in which most eggs are sold. Eggs are stored in a container made of styrofoam or other similar material. There will be 12 sections, each of which will contain one egg. A dozen eggs can be purchased in every grocery or convenience store in your area. Eggs can also be purchased straight from the farm or at a farmer’s market if you have access to either.
There are so many different uses for eggs. They can be cooked in different ways, such as hard boiled, scrambled, over easy, or poached. Aside from different ways of cooking eggs themselves, eggs are also used in almost every baking recipe. Because eggs are so commonly used, it is a good idea to keep a dozen eggs in your fridge at all times.
How much does it cost?
- Websites online such as SavingNaturally.com indicate that the price for a dozen eggs will range from as low as $2 for a dozen to as high as $8. This depends on the location of the buyer as well as the type of egg.
- Organic eggs will generally have different costs, and according to some, the food fed to the chickens will also play a factor on the pricing of the eggs.
- On average, your local grocery store is going to sell eggs for anywhere from $1.50 to $4 or more per dozen.
What is going to be included?
- When shopping for these eggs, you will surely end up with a good set of healthy ones for your meal or dish. Organic is probably the most preferred in the market because it is free from particular chemicals and substances that may have affected its flavor and nutrients. Buying a dozen eggs will also mean that you technically get the freshest ones that are gathered and collected straight from the farm.
- All cartons of eggs will provide nutritional information for the consumer. Eggs are a great source of protein as well as phosphorous and riboflavin. However, eggs are also very high in cholesterol and should be eaten in moderation and as part of a complete diet. Eating only the egg whites can help the cholesterol problem.
What are the extra costs?
- Usually, it would be the organic eggs that will be affected with higher prices.
- Buying eggs at really affordable prices will typically be the basic costs that you have to deal with. However, if you plan to use the eggs for other dishes you want to cook, then you might have to consider the additional expenses of the other ingredients.
Factors that influence the price:
- Among the first factors that affect the egg prices would be the types of chicken that produced it. Eggs from chickens raised in barns or eggs from free roaming chickens are the most common.
- The size of the eggs would also be considered in pricing. The larger the egg, the higher cost can potentially be.
- Free range and organic types of eggs would be the cheapest as the chickens that typically lay the eggs require as little feeds for their food. Plants and insects basically form the foundation of their diets.
- The Omega 3 Eggs are considered a little more expensive because of the potential health benefits it brings to the body.
How can I save money?
- If you really want to get some big savings on your eggs, it would be best to choose supermarkets that offers coupons. In addition, it seems practical to buy these eggs by the dozen as individually bought items would often be priced higher.
- When it comes to using eggs for creating other dishes, you can certainly try alternative ingredients. However, replacing the eggs might change the taste and flavor of the dish. Organic eggs would be the best choice, and if you want to really save on eggs, you can raise chickens on a farm and harvest the eggs yourself.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|