How Much Does Dryer Vent Cleaning Cost?
A dryer vent is an opening in the wall of the home that is connected to the dryer to get rid of all the warm air so that the dryer does not overheat. Dryer vent cleaning is a necessity for all homes. It is vital to home safety because it can prevent dryer vent fires. If a dryer malfunctions due to accumulation of lint and dust, it can not only become a fire hazard, but can also lead to unnecessary expenses. Therefore, it is critical to maintain a clean dryer vent.
How much does it cost?
- On average, most professional dryer vent cleaning jobs are going to cost anywhere from $60 to as much as $120 for a standard single-family home.
- Dryer vent cleaning services at Okventcleaning.com in Tulsa, Oklahoma start at $99. Their services cover dryer vents at apartment complexes, salons, child day care schools, property management companies, salons and animal clinics.
- At Safedryervent.com in Florida, professional dryer vent cleaning costs $69 to $99 for most homes. The company uses a combination of a high-powered air vac and a rotary brush that can clean the entire length of the vent. They also offer dryer vent transition replacement services at $19 to $39.
- At Dryerventcleaning.com in Woodinville, WA, the cost of cleaning a vent in the Seattle/Eastside area is $95 plus sales tax. “Routine cleaning” of multi-unit apartments and condominiums is done for $15 to $30 each. Dry vent cleaning jobs that are less than $250 are charged $55 for trip costs. Laundry room vent cleaning costs $35 plus trip charge, while screening bath and kitchen vents cost $6 to $10 each.
What is going to be included?
- Dryer vent cleaning involves cleaning clogged vents to improve air flow and enhance machine efficiency. With some providers, the process begins with a preliminary reading of air flow at the dryer vent exit, followed by a cleaning process using their equipment. The method may include cleaning the entire vent from the dryer to the external part of the home. Afterward, the dryer will be reassembled and checked to ensure proper operation.
- In general, most dryer vents can be cleaned within an hour. If there is too much lint buildup or the presence of birds or other critters, the job can take a longer time to finish.
What are the extra costs?
- Some dryer vents may require more than cleaning, especially those that are broken and need to be repaired. Many service providers also offer other services such as dryer vent repair, which can cost between $100 and $300, depending on parts, labor and trip charges. Bird removal is also offered for a fee.
Factors that influence the price:
- Number of vents. A lot of dryer vent cleaning service firms charge per vent. The more vents need to be cleaned, the higher the cost of the overall repair. However, the more vents there are, the lower the cost will be per vent. Some dryer vent cleaning companies charge $150 per vent, but will decrease the price the more vents need to be cleaned in a single task.
- Vent accessibility. Most vents can be accessed with ease, while others require a more laborious process. Many service providers charge up to $150 for a hard-to-access vent.
- Cleaning procedure. A dryer vent cleaning process that involves a profound and deep-level cleaning can cost more than a standard cleaning process. The more difficult a cleaning job is, the higher its cost will be.
Tips to know:
- Dryer vent cleaning extends the life of the dryer, making it last longer and helping homeowners to save on repair bills.
- Clothes dryers are among the most costly appliances to operate. They need to have proper ventilation in order to function efficiently. Dryers that are poorly ventilated, especially due to clogging, lead to higher energy expenses, which can increase by up to $300 a year.
- Poorly vented dryers can result in wet clothes, which can cause mildew and mold damage to the home as well as wear and tear on the dryer.
- Some dryer vent cleaning companies have a type of video inspection equipment that can reveal how dirty a dryer vent is. With this tool, homeowners can be sure that their unit is efficiently and thoroughly cleaned.
Questions to ask:
- Why is vent cleaning so important?
- How will I know if my dryer vent needs cleaning?
- How often does my dryer vent need to be cleaned?
- How do you clean a dryer vent? Is it something that I can do myself?
- Will dryer vent cleaning help to reduce my energy expenses?
- If my home is new, does it still need dryer vent cleaning?
- Why are dirty vents a fire hazard?
How can I save money?
- Take advantage of coupons offering discounts to customers who combine a number of services.
- Some dryer vent cleaning service providers have a referral reward program that offer discounts and gift certificates to their members who refer new clients to them. Some reward their members with gift certificates that are good towards all services and have no expiration dates.