How Much Does An Ear Piercing Cost?
An ear piercing can be placed in various places on your ear. Many factors will come into play when an ear piercing is needed. Some factors include the company performing the piercing, how many that are going to be done and more.
How much is it?
- To get each ear pierced, the average price is going to range from $5 to as much as $75.
- To get both ears pierced, a company may include a special discount. This price range will vary from $15 to $100+.
- To get more than 2 piercings in one sitting, the price will vary from $5+ per ear.
What is going to be included?
- Before the piercing starts, the artist will generally disinfect the area to ensure that it is as clean as possible. This will also help prevent any types of bacteria from entering your system.
- A care package should be included once the procedure is done.
- Some companies may also include a coupon, or a free set of earrings since the procedure itself was done with them.
What are the extra costs?
- The more ears you have pierced, the more you’re going to have to pay.
- Upgrades for jewelry after the procedure is done will cost extra.
- Most of the time, jewelry will have to be purchased afterwards. Jewelry such as earrings can range anyhwere from $10 to $200+ depending on the type of jewelry. Claires.com has a guide on what their earrings cost in their store. For example, they have a 3mm ball made of 14kt yellow gold that retails for $36.50.
Tips to know:
- When getting your ears pierced, be sure to pull back your hair so that the person performing the job has easier access.
- When considering getting your ears pierced, make sure that you research the company. Doin a quick search online can yield some good results in terms of reviews as well as how clean the company is.
- Once your ears are pierced, you’re going to want to rub the hole with rubbing alcohol for a few days. Be sure to not touch the area. The entire healing process can take up to eight weeks.
- Be sure to check the earring each and every morning to ensure that it isn’t becoming infected or tangled with the ear.
- Be sure to change your pillowcases before going to bed so that no bacteria is present on your old sheets.
Types of ear piercing jewelry:
- Banana Barbell: This is similar to a barbell. One side will have a permanent ball, and the other side will have a ball that screws in. The barbell will have a slight curve.
- Captive Bead Ring (CBR): This is a ring that has a gap to the left. This ring will be inserted through the ear. It will sit in the gap once the jewelry is in the ear.
- Plugs: These are short cylinder shaped piercings that have flared ends or rubber rings that hold them into place.
- Studs: One of the most popular pieces of jewelry, a stud has a butterfly clip back that clips through the ear. These types can easily become clogged with hair and dirt.
How can I save money?
- Most artists will give discounts on those that have more than one piercing.
- Repeat customers to the business may also receive a discount.
- Browse for coupons in the local newspaper, or look for special deals / offers going on at the time.
- Bigger groups may also get a discount. Try to go to the shop with more than one person to see if they will offer a deal.
- Some stores may give a piercing for free for those that purchase the jewelry through their stores.