How Much Do Echo Stress Tests Cost?
According to statistics, the most universal death-causing illness in the United States is heart disease. The heart’s main function is pumping blood to the lungs and allowing blood to circulate throughout the human body. Various heart diseases can incapacitate the heart.
With the availability of advanced technology, doctors today can easily do a heart examination and identify the disease simply by listening to the heart beat and analyzing blood pressure. This has become feasible by the very comprehensive echo stress test.
The symptoms most heart patients experience may be minimal, and the heart may appear to be normal in an ECG test; this is because different heart diseases are likely to remain cloaked in our heart to surface only when triggered. For that reason, a more cutting edge test is essential to comprehend the heart’s current state. In order to find out if the heart is in good condition, the echo stress test exposes it to stress. The heart will be conclusively subjected to artificial stress which helps in determining cardiac fitness.
The echo stress test is divided into 3 parts:
- Resting echo study
- Stress test
- Repeat echo when the heart is beating quickly
Once the examination is done, your doctor will analyze the reports. If the scan indicates abnormal echo stress test results, your doctor will discuss the next course of action. This will depend on the type of heart disease he has discovered.
How much is it?
- Though the echo stress test is unquestionably efficient in pinpointing numerous heart problems, it comes with a price usually in the $750-2,500 range.
- Those that have health insurance are going to see varying results. Since each policy is going to be different, consult with your insurance company to get more information on what it is going to cost you personally.
What are the extra costs?
- A pre-test consultation is a practical idea as to make sure which among the different types of stress test you should put yourself through.
- Result analysis and final diagnosis needs to be done by a specialist, not by a technician that conducts the test.
- Post-Test consultation may be needed to discuss the results of the test.
- Possible post-test medication or additional tests may be needed if results show any type of heart problems.
What is going to be included?
- Complete echo stress test which includes all 3 phases.
- A consultation generally comes included as well. This is your opportunity to discuss your options with your doctor. He will explain all the potential problems as well as limitation and how to improve your lifestyle.
How can I save money?
- Paying for an echo stress test is really only necessary if you are experiencing warning signs for a possible ailment, if you have a family history of heart disease, or if you are getting older or overweight. It is sensible to take the test just to be safe since it is the best way to track the pain area of the heart. If you have chest pain or are unable to respire normally, it is better to get yourself tested rather than suffering from a fatal disease . However, you can’t really put a price tag on a risk for a possible heart attack. If a specialist recommends you take a stress echo test, then you should do it. The purpose of this test is to determine heart problems that transpire only with bodily activity. This way, you and your doctor can find a way to lessen if not eliminate your heart attack risk. When it comes to cardiovascular health, you should be all ears to medical professionals. Most people would agree that avoiding a heart attack is worth virtually any financial expense. Your doctor will recommend a stress echo test only if you have a suspiciously problematic heart.
- If the cost is still an undeniably tremendous problem, you can consider having the procedure done out of the country, which may bring the cost to a more manageable range.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|