How Much Do Eclectus Parrots Cost?
The Eclectus Parrot (Eclectus roratus) is native to the Solomon Islands, New Guinea, Northeastern Australia, and the Maluku Islands. The Eclectus is deemed by many to be the most stunning parrots out of over 350 species. The Eclectus parrots are not just fine-looking; they are also excellent chatterers, copying countless words, expressions and phrases. They can even sing songs that are commonly presented to them. If you happen to have more than one Eclectus parrot, they will speak and sing not only to their owners and human friends, but to one another as well. The male parrots have a bright green head, bright candy corn-colored beak, and blue or red tail and wing feathers. The females are red headed and blue-breasted with black beaks.
How much is it?
- There are four commonly available Eclectus subspecies. These subspecies are known as the Solomon Island, the Grand, the Red-sided, and the Vosmaeri Eclectus. On average, this bird is going to range in price anywhere from $600 to as much as $2,000.
- A Solomon Island Eclectus will cost anywhere from $600 – $1,200. This is going to all depend on the breeder, your location, as well as other various factors.
- An older bird that is older than three to five years or more will generally cost a little less than a younger bird. Older birds can usually be found for as little as $300.
What are the extra costs?
- A large bird cage will cost anywhere from $250 to as much as $1,000. Generally, the more parrots you have, the more space you are going to need. Some owners prefer to have one cage for each bird.
- Toys are important to keep your pet bird entertained. Although this is optional, it is highly recommended. A typical toy can cost anywhere from $5 to $25 for something such as a ball.
- Parrots are going to require routine checkups as well as other veterinarian services. Vet checkups are going to start anywhere from $65 and go up from there.
- A wide variety of food is necessary to keep your parrot healthy. An Eclectus parrot indeed has explicit nutritional requirements. They are prone to fatty liver diseases if not kept on a low fat diet because they have long digestive tracts. They regularly need many fruits, beans, vegetables, greens, brown rice, legumes and sprouts. This breed of birds does not do well on all pellet diets or seed diets.
What is going to be included?
- Most breeders are going to include the parrot in a smaller travel box. Some breeders may give you a smaller cage just for traveling purposes.
- Some breeders may also include a start up pack that includes foods, toys, accessories, and more.
- The certification papers, the health information, and more documentation should come with the bird.
How can I save money?
- Consult with a few local breeders in your area. Some locations are going to have more parrots than others. If you’re willing to travel, consider checking online to see pricing details.
- Check local adoption centers as some people may need to get rid of their parrot for various reasons.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|