How Much Does An Electric Razor Cost?
Electric razors make shaving more convenient for men and women alike. Instead of the harshness and repetitive cost of disposable razors, electric razors are a one-time cost and offer a cleaner, smoother shave.
How much is it?
- The common electric shaver price can range from $5-$40. These are used for trimming a beard, mustache, sideburns, bikini line, and nose hair. They may also be used for cleaning up unsightly back hair or arm hair. The Conair Gmt8cs Trimmer will cost about $10 while the Wahl Lithium Ion Trimmer Set will cost about $35.
- An electric razor for women, such as the Remington WDF-3600 and the Remington WDF-7000, will cost $30-$200.
- An electric razor for men, such as the Panasonic ES-RT51-S and the Norelco 1250X SensoTouch, will cost $40-$300. This type of razor that comes equipped with a trimmer can cost anywhere from $45 to $250.
- A cordless razor that requires no wires, but is charged on a battery can cost anywhere from $20 to $165 depending on the quality and the brand.
- A corded razor that plugs into the wall can cost $25 to $150. These razors are hard to find in stores as most manufactures are switching over to a cordless model.
What is going to be included?
- Most electric razors run on batteries. Some of these will need to be replaced while others will be rechargeable.
- Some razors will come with a cord for charging; others will come with a base in which the razor will charge.
- Trimmers will usually come with many different attachments of various shapes and sizes.
What are the extra costs?
- Although electric razor themselves can last many years, the razor head or blade will need to be replaced. These replacement heads can cost $10-$50.
- If your razor runs on batteries that are not rechargeable, new batteries will need to be purchased on a regular basis.
Tips to know:
- If you have sensitive skin, it’s best to look out for a razor that is designed for this type of condition. With sensitive skin, there are razors that will have a built-in moisturizer that is applied while shaving so that it doesn’t irritate it.
- Since most shavers are going to be cordless, be sure to research how long the battery charging time is going to take. The recharging time can vary a lot ranging anywhere from 1 hour to as much as 10 hours. It’s also best to see how long the razor will last when it’s off the charger.
- Be sure to consider add-ons such as a trimmer. This trimmer can help cut longer hairs that are due to a few days’ growth.
- Check the noise output on the razor to ensure that it isn’t too loud. Most will note the output levels on the manufacturer description.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- The best way to save money on electric razors and trimmers is to buy a set rather than separate pieces. For example, purchase a set that includes a trimmer, razor, and a few replacement heads instead of buying each item separately.
- Electric razors are a very common sale item around the holidays. Check your local ads to see sale prices.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|