How Much Does an Eyebrow Hair Transplant Cost?
An eyebrow hair transplant is something that most people have never even heard of, let alone thought about. This practice all started with the Duchess of Cambridge. According to those in the eyebrow restoration field, every other woman suddenly seemed to want to emulate the new duchess’s healthy and fuller eyebrows. Since the Royal Wedding in April 2012, the “Kate Middleton look” has been setting the trend for eyebrow transplants, where eyebrows are getting restored through a certain hair transplantation method using the hair from behind the patient’s ears. Eyebrow hair transplant is performed to enhance the size, shape, and thickness of the eyebrows. In this case, eyebrow hair transplant is a purely cosmetic procedure. However, eyebrow transplants are also done in cases where the eyebrows have lost thickness due to too much plucking or in cases of scarring or an injury that has affected the eyebrow area.
How much does it cost?
- On average, an eyebrow hair transplant is going to cost around $2,000 to $7,000, with the national average hovering around the $4,000 range.
- According to the information given at Growyoureyebrowsback.com, the average cost of eyebrow hair transplant in the United States used to be around $4,000 to $6,000, or even higher. But Dr. Shelly Friedman brings the price down to $3,500 per procedure.
What is going to be included?
- The eyebrow hair transplant is a delicate procedure that needs ample experience, skills, and a touch of artistry on the part of the doctor and staff involved in the surgery.
- At least 350 strands of hair, with the follicles intact, are taken from right behind the patient’s ears and implanted at the area just above the eyes. The average patient will have 30-300 follicle units implanted.
- It should be noted that eyebrow hair transplant is not for everyone. Candidates for the procedure are those who had permanently lose their eyebrows due to trauma, disease, or who have been affected by toxic chemicals.
- Eyebrow hair transplant is an outpatient procedure that takes about five to six hours, depending on the number of hair grafts implanted.
- Patients usually recover from the surgery quickly, and can even return to their normal routine within 48 hours.
- An eyebrow transplant can widely vary depending on the reason you are getting a transplant, whether the goal is to reshape, resize, or thicken the eyebrow, and whether it is being done on a male or female.
What are the extra costs?
- Since the price is based “per graft” instead of a one price per surgery, be prepared to pay more according to the number of hair grafts you want implanted.
- You may have to pay separately for the anaesthesia applied in the transplant area.
- You may have to pay for your travel expenses, food, and accommodation if the venue if your transplant procedure is far from your home.
- You will need to budget for medication to relieve the pain that you are going to experience after the surgery as well as to prevent infection.
Factors that influence the price:
- The actual cost of eyebrow hair transplant depends on the number of hair grafts you want, which is determined by the look you want to achieve. Because men usually have larger eyebrows than woman, an eyebrow hair transplant is usually more expensive for males since they require more grafts.
- Since there are yet a handful of doctors who are adept in the eyebrows hair transplant, these professionals can command high rates for the procedure.
Tips to know:
- There are significant reasons how an individual can lose his or her eyebrows such as too much plucking, excessive use of hair removal techniques like threading to reshape the arch, and laser. It could also result from the affects of major medical treatment like chemotherapy and trauma to the frontal head.
- Over-plucking or accidental shaving may only be a temporary lost, and the best thing to do about it is to wait until the hair grows back.
- Since this is deemed a cosmetic procedure, most insurance companies will not cover it. There may be an exception if some type of accident caused significant scarring in the area.
- Because the hair that is used in an eyebrow transplant is from the scalp, this hair follicle will continue to grow. This means that the eyebrow hair will need to be trimmed every so often in the same way that hair is cut when it grows too long.
How can I save money?
- While the prices can be high up front, many doctor’s offices are willing to set up a payment plan. See if you are able to pay a monthly premium instead of paying everything up front.
- With any surgery, compare prices from one surgeon to the next, but do not focus solely on the price. Be sure to look into the doctor’s experience, reputation and how he has performed in the past.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|