How Much Does a Eyebrow Piercing Cost?
An eyebrow piercing is the most common facial piercing that is seen today. An eyebrow piercing refers to any kind of vertical or horizontal incision into the eyebrows as a personal statement. It is a relatively modern form of fashion, although some people insist that it is an art. Introduced by the punk movement in the 1980s, the eyebrow piercing does not have any tribal or cultural origins, but it is associated with a certain community. Eyebrow piercing receives different reactions from different people. While some people promote this kind of fashion, many frown at it and find it disgusting. Nevertheless, it is an individual’s prerogative to express himself any way he chooses. An eyebrow piercing is usually done in a tattoo and piercing shop; these can be found in excess in most locations.
How much does it cost?
- Excluding the jewelry, the average cost of piercing an eyebrow is usually anywhere from $25 to $55. However, a popular studio could charge upwards of $100.
- According to Beautyhows.com, the average cost of eyebrow piercing is around $20 to $100.
- Beautyhows.com claims that you should be prepared to budget anywhere from $20 to as much as $100 for the initial piercing.
What is going to be included?
- The piercing will usually be done at a 35 degree angle outside of the eyebrow. It can also be pierced anywhere along the eyebrow or above the corner of the eye. The exact location and angle is done according to the preferences of the person getting pierced. It can also depend on what type of jewelry is being used. The most common are studs, rings, and bars.
- There are a few different types of eyebrow piercings that include vertical, horizontal, bridge, anti-eyebrow, spiral and a t-eyebrow.
- You should be aware that eyebrow piercing, or any piercing in the body, may cause adverse reactions that affect your healing process. Although rare, you should also know that some minor swelling or scarring in the pierced area can occur. Your system may reject the foreign element completely.
- Healing time can be dependent on several factors, such as: The patient’s lifestyle and diet, immune system, and infection.
- After the procedure, you should do the following regimen for the first two weeks after the piercing: As you shower, soften the scabs with warm water, cleanse your eyebrow piercing with mild liquid soap and remove all the impurities around the pierced area. Soak your piercing and jewelry in a ¼ teaspoon sea salt and 200ml water solution.
What are the extra costs?
- The piece of jewelry after the piercing can cost $10 to as much as $100. Common diameters for the jewelry, include 3/8″, 7/16″ and 1/8″ and the type is usually either a bar or a ring.
- You may need to buy some oral medications and/or a care product to expedite healing and to prevent infection.
- Tax may be applicable on jewelry sales.
Factors that influence the price:
- The price of eyebrow piercing differs from one piercing studio to another, as each has its own sets of expenses to recoup or reputation to uphold.
- The more popular the studio has become, the higher the charges it demands. Geographical location is one big factor that influences the prices of a piercing studio’s services.
- Likewise, the piercing artist’s level of expertise and his reputation in the industry count a lot in the pricing schedule.
- The price can also be influenced by the kind of jewelry you want to wear.
Tips to know:
- You can be susceptible to allergies and infections.
- There is a tendency for your nerves to get damaged in the process.
- According to about.com, “Brow piercings do have a habit of migrating if they’re not pierced deeply enough or the jewelry is too thin or heavy. They can be irritated by eyebrow hairs, so plucking the hairs closest to the entry points of the jewelry can be very helpful, especially if you are experiencing swelling or tenderness in a healed piercing.”
- You could contract diseases like HIV, hepatitis, and develop tetanus if your piercer fails to use sterilized needles and other tools in the piercing process. Make sure you watch them closely during the process!
- To avoid or minimize infections, choose the appropriate jewelry. Do not go too cheap or else infections will be more likely.
- Without a parent’s consent, most shops will only pierce those who are over the age of 18.
How can I save money?
- Shop around and inquire for prices from different piercing studios before deciding to settle on one. Compare their prices and investigate on the artist’s level of expertise. Be sure that the piercing studios observe proper hygiene and use sterilized instruments. Most shops are happy to give you a quote over the phone. Even as you seek cheaper eyebrow piercing, do not compromise the quality of service.
- Choose the appropriate jewelry for you. Consider stainless steel jewelry as the cheapest option.