How Much Does a Eyebrow Tattoo Cost?
An eyebrow tattoo, which is also known as a permanent eyebrow, interdermal eyebrow micropigmentation, or cosmetic eyebrow tattoo, is a cosmetic procedure using permanent pigments on the skin to come up with such an effect of having a constant makeup anytime. Some people are gifted with bushier and healthy eyebrows, but others have to create the extra effort to grow some hair on their brows. The eyebrow gives the face a perfect frame and can therefore affect the overall look of the person. Rather than having to pencil in eyebrows every day, other things can be done to solve this problem. Individuals with sparse eyebrows can resort to the use of tattoo as a means to give their eyebrows the appearance of being thick.
How much does it cost?
- On average, an eyebrow tattoo is going to cost anywhere from as little as $300 to as much as $800.
- According to Beautyhows.com, the cost of a quality eyebrow tattoo in Canada and the United States is around $350 to $1,000.
- According to eyebrow-tattoo.com, the average cost of an eyebrow tattoo procedure runs from $400 to $800.
What is going to be included?
- You can have your eyebrow tattoo in many different types of facilities, such as aesthetic/beauty salons or tattoo shops, private practices, or medical or plastic surgery centers. The venue you choose can greatly affect the price of the procedure.
- The procedure involved in getting eyebrow tattoos will begin with the artist drawing the shape and color on the skin so that you can see what the finished product will look like. The artist can help you make decisions regarding this since she will have a lot of experience in knowing what looks good on different facial structures. The area will then be numbed using mild local anesthetic and the pigment will be inserted below the dermis using a needle that will slightly vibrate.
- To ensure that you get a safe and successful eyebrow tattoo procedure, choose a tattoo artist who is a Certified Permanent Cosmetic Professional (CPCP) or its international equivalent and is working in a licensed clinic or health-inspected private practice. The clinic should be able to be seen observing stringent medical-grade hygiene and sterilization standards at all times. Make sure that the facility where you want to have your eyebrow tattoo done has a particular cosmetic tattooing area.
- Some shops or clinics offer free consultation, while others may incorporate the consultation fee with the overall cost of the procedure.
- Semi-permanent eyebrow tattoos are suitable for people who regularly change their hair color since this type of tattoo can readily match any new hair color.
What are the extra costs?
- Inquire if consultation is free. If not, you may have to pay extra for it.
- You may be charged for the touch-ups down the road.
- Expect to pay more for multiple tattooing schedules in one day. Aside from getting an eyebrow tattoo, you can have your eyes lined, lips enhanced, or filled with color the same day as you have your eyebrows tattooed. Sometimes, you get a discount for such a package.
- You will also need to pay for the anesthesia if it is needed.
Factors that influence the price:
- Permanent eyebrow tattoos can be expensive in most places all over the world, but its exact price varies depending on the cosmetic technician you go to, the type of the salon or clinic and its geographical location, and the design you want.
- Semi-permanent eyebrow tattoos are considerably cheaper.
Tips to know:
- Before you submit yourself to the procedure, be sure you have discussed thoroughly with the cosmetic technician the exact design or shape you want of your eyebrow.
- An eyebrow tattoo is less expensive than an eyebrow implant or an eyebrow hair transplant. However, research all of your options before making a decision.
- Semi-permanent eyebrow tattoo can be easily removed with baby oil or cleansing cream. It can also be snipped off at its tip if you think it is too long on your eyebrow area.
- Be sure to check the equipment to be used in the procedure. Make sure that the clinic practices only single-use needles or disposable cartridges.
- While there are many benefits to having eyebrow tattoos, ones of the biggest ones is time and convenience. You will no longer have to take the time to apply makeup to the eyebrow everyday. This also means that you can stop purchasing the pencils needed to do this.
How can I save money?
- Verify if touch-ups are free. If not, be sure to know the price for it, so you can adjust your budget for it.
- Check your local Professional Directory for a list of professional permanent makeup artists. Inquire of their respective prices and compare their services. Investigate also about their work performance before deciding to settle on one.
- Take advantage of the semi-permanent eyebrow tattoo which is much cheaper than the permanent type.