How Much Does a Family Vacation Cost?
Quality time with the family may mean spending time and money for a family vacation. This family vacations should be all about fun, relaxation, and togetherness as a whole family. The cost of a family vacation may vary depending on the vacation venue, the type of transportation needed, the number of the family members, and other factors such as the board and lodging fees and other expenses.
How much is it?
- Destination plays a large part in the total cost. Typically, people travel for 2-5 days, putting a trip for two at about $500 – $1250 on average. The cost will go up if there are more people involved or if you are traveling with kids. On average, it is best to budget for $50 to $225 per person per day to get a good idea of what you’re going to spend.
- For a budget vacation where you may stay at a 3 star hotel, eat $10 dinners, etc., expect to spend between $600 to $4,500 for the average of 4-5 people.
- For a luxury vacation where you will be dining at 5 star restaurants and staying at 5 star hotels, a vacation package will likely cost $3,500 to $7,000 or more for 4-5 people.
- Many hotels, restaurants and more all allow children under the age of 12 to stay for free, as well as eat free. This can bring the overall average down as a whole.
- For a amusement park package such as Disney World, the price can vary depending on what activities are done during the trip. 7 nights at a value resort during the value season costs anywhere from $3,500-$5,000 or more. The hotel room can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $15,000 or more for the whole family, depending on what kind of room you want. For instance, a family tour package in Disneyland can cost $1,500-$2,500 for 4 days.
- If you opt to go somewhere in Florida, California, or Hawaii, a family vacation packages for 4-5 days can cost you anywhere from $550 to $4,500.
- A lower-end vacation such as camping may only cost the family $200 for a 4-5 day trip.
What are the extra costs?
- Depending on the vacation package you choose, the extra costs you may incur will vary. If you are with kids, you will have to spend an extra budget for rides, foods, and other amusement-related expenses.
- If you’re going to travel on the roads, be sure to factor in the overall gas prices as well as the needed maintenance before the trip starts.
- For those families who wish to fly instead of drive, keep in mind that many airlines are going to charge for additional carry-on bags. Be sure to check the checked-in luggage fees and other common airport expenses such as parking and transportation.
What is going to be included?
- If the family opts to purchase a family vacation package offered by tour agencies, the usual package tours include round trip tickets, port fees, hotel accommodations, and other vacation necessities.
- All inclusive resorts or cruises will include your food, drinks and more. Be sure to check with the agency through which you purchased your vacation to see what’s going to come with your vacation.
How can I save money?
- Book for flexible travel dates in order to get vacation package discounts. Many destinations have off-season dates where you can save up to 50-70% off your trip. This is a great way to save.
- Name your own price on hotels, car rentals, and more with sites such as Priceline. This is a great way to get discounts on many related travel expenses.
- Instead of booking with tour agencies, you may book hotels for yourself to find cheaper services.
- Check for discounts that some airlines may possibly offer during the planned vacation dates. Also, consider vacation packages that include your hotel, car rental, airline ticket, and more. This is a great way to save overall with your package.
- Consider other transportation modes such as trains or other vacation options such as camping as these methods can save a lot of money and still be great fun.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|