How Much Does Fantasy Football Cost?
With the advent of the internet, fantasy football is also becoming very popular for sports fans around the globe. Fantasy football is an interactive online football competition where you compete with other people from all areas of the world or with you friends and family members. With fantasy football, you act as team manager of a football team, where you will virtually draft, trade, add, or drop players and change rosters. The better your player does in real life during the game, the more points you get, etc.
How much is it?
- On average, a fantasy football team can be free or can cost up to $500 or more per team depending on what site you sign up with, the prize you want to win, as well as other various factors.
- The cost for a fantasy football game depends on what team you are playing. Usually, most of the online football fantasy league charge $5 to $10 per team, or it can be higher, depending on membership version you purchase.
- For example, CBSSports.com Fantasy Football charges $39.99 per team for the gold version with a $200 league champion prize; the Platinum version costs $99.99 per team with a $600 league champion prize; the Diamond version costs $249.99 per team with a $1,600 league champion prize; and the Double Diamond version costs $499.99 per team with a $3,500 league champion prize!
- At the Football League Manager, you can set your own league and be responsible for the price of the participating team. The cost starts at a very small price of $69, though it can get higher as more extras are added.
What is going to be included?
- You can set your own rules for the league and even categories of your scores. The administrators will be the ones that handle the scoring system. You can also choose among their comprehensive organizations of stat categories. You can also enjoy live scoring, online drafts, and trades.
- You are entitled for all the applications for which you have paid . Each website is going to vary when it comes to features. Some sites offer real time scoring, while others may offer free smartphone applications, etc.
- You are also entitled to claim the price if your team wins. Be sure to read the details on how you can win the prize as well as how you can claim it.
What are the extra costs?
- The Fantasy Football Commissioner is offered for those that want complete control and ultimate customizability at a cost of $179.99 for your entire league to play the whole season online.
- Should you wish to upgrade membership, you will have to pay extra cost. The same thing happens when you have multiple teams.
- The fantasy football companion that is designed for your cell phone varies from carrier to carrier. When you do not include the data service rates, it costs $3.99 to $4.99 per month.
How can I save money?
- Joining games for free will save you money. Consider free fantasy sites such as Yahoo!. Keep in mind that many free services generally do not have cash prizes.
- If you have more than one team you can also receive discounts with some sites.