How Much Does Farm Fencing Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Farm fencing entails careful planning since fencing will be required on many acres in different areas of the farm. It is purposely done to secure your farm and to ensure that the livestock will not be harmed by the fence itself or escape from the area. Choosing the most appropriate fencing type depends on the type of animal in the farm that needs to be secured, the terrain of the area, and the cost you’re willing to pay. The total cost may also vary depending on the quality of the materials you choose, as well as the total perimeter of the place to be fenced.
How much is it?
- Depending on the type of fencing you choose, the cost for farm fencing greatly varies. For instance, if you choose to have a permanent fencing for your beef or dairy cattle or sheep, that can cost to as much as $1,500 to $2,500 per mile excluding the labor cost.
- Fencing for horses needs to be long lasting since many horses can plow through the fencing. The price is going to vary depending on the type of fencing. For example, the Coated Wire Kencote brand can last to up to 30-60 years. This brand for example can cost .$12 to $.25 cents per foot.
- 5 line wires will range $.53 cents to $.68 cents per foot. A 4″, 5″, or 6″ horse rail fence composed of polyethylene molecularly bonded will cost about $.45to $.72 per foot. If you have a three rail fence, the cost would be $1.35 to $2.15 per foot.
- A High Tensile Smooth Wire cost $.02-$.05 per foot of wire. For 6 lines, it will range $.18 to $.26 per foot.
- A Portable Horse Fence can cost $1 to $5 per foot of twine or tape. A one inch pony rail has an average cost of $.21 to $.28 per foot of rail.
- Farm fencing using barbed wire suspensions can cost $1,500 to $2,500 for a 400 m area. 10 acres of land would cost around $2,000 to $4,000 for the fencing alone.
What is going to be included?
- The materials of the fencing alone. This fencing is generally packaged in rolls, where you will unroll and fence it along the area that needs to be done.
- Most packages will come equipped with installation instructions as well.
What are the extra costs?
- Labor costs will range $20 to $55 per hour. The 400 m area using the barbed wire post is estimated to have a $1,000 to $2,500 labor cost. It is safe to say that most fence laborers will charge $2 to $12 per foot regardless of the fencing.
- Some of the fencing examples mentioned above won’t come with the necessary equipment such as the posts, cement and other material needed to install it properly.
How can I save money?
- Try to look for farm fencing contractors in the area of your farm. Consult with at least 3 fencing companies to get the best quote. Sites such as Service Magic can help you find the best quote in your area.
- Look for farm fencing material dealers who can offer you discounts for larger quantities of materials you need.
- Consider installing the fencing yourself. While installing a fence can require a lot of hard labor, most can do the job.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|