How Much Does a Farm Tractor Cost?
A farm tractor can be considered the most necessary piece of farm equipment a farmer should have. It performs a variety of farm tasks such as plowing, tilling, harrowing, shoveling, planting, hauling, transporting, lifting, and providing power supply. A farmer may buy a tractor with enough horsepower to do the work needed. When you buy a tractor with more horse power, you also need to consider the cost of fuel and its impact to the soil. Other factors one needs to consider aside from the price of the farm tractor is the design, the size, and other features or accessories of the equipment.
How much is it?
- On average, be prepared to pay $45,000 for a lower end, used model, to as much as $200,000 for a farm tractor equipped with all the accessories that you need.
- Tractors with 25 to 28 horse power have prices ranging between $4,000 and $18,000. A higher end, more powerful tractor with many features can demand a price tag as high as $150,000 or more.
- Small tractors with around 74 horsepower with no extra features are priced ranging between $30,000 and $40,000. If you want to have additional features, the price can range between $100,000 and $150,000.
- For example, a John Deere 8210 has 185 horsepower and weighs over 8 tons; it is priced at $96,000 to $145,000. One of the great features is a radio in the cab so the driver can listen to music while working. A John Deere 7810 with 150 horsepower weighs over 6 tons is sold around $78,000 to $93,000.
- There are tractors which are also priced more than $200,000. For instance, the John Deere 9630 4wd tractor has features such as a deluxe cab, active seat, deluxe comfort at ready, 800/70r38 duals, radar, frt/rear hid lights, am/fm, electric mirrors, fm radio harness and more. This particular model can yield prices as high as $275,000.
What is going to be included?
- Most farm tractors you are purchase are going to include a warranty. This warranty can last from 90 days to a lifetime.
- All the accessories as mentioned in the product description upon purchase are included in the overall price. Any additional accessories that you want to add will cost extra.
What are the extra costs?
- If you decide to the purchase the tractor online from a merchant, the shipping fees are generally going to be extra. Depending on the type of tractor, the shipping price can easily reach into the $1,000 mark.
- If you want to add more accessories for your farm tractor which are not included in the purchase price, this can be another expense.
- The additional maintenance down the road that is required such as the oil changes, gas, battery charging, as well as repairs should all be included into your budget.
How can I save money?
- There are a number of tractor manufacturers out there. You’ll be able to save if you compare several manufacturers based on the price and the efficiency of the equipment.
- Purchase a pre-owned tractor for more savings. However, make sure that it is not that defective for you cannot save if the tractor’s maintenance requirement is also costly. A few great places to start looking for used tractors are Craigslist and eBay.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|