How Much Does Faucet Installation Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Having free running water in your house can provide great convenience; this convenience is brought upon by a simple device which is the faucet. Installing a faucet is as important as having a door installed in your house. Like the door that controls the people that come in the house, your faucet controls the flow of the water that flows through the pipe.
How much is it?
- The price for having a faucet installed in your house depends on the tools that will be used as well as the part of the house where it will be installed. You can have your bathroom faucets installed for a price ranging from $180 to $335.
- A kitchen faucet is one of the most important faucets in the house and the price range for this installation is anywhere from $188 to $347 depending on the complexity of the sink and the options and attachments it has. For example, a sink with a hose attachment will cost more than a sink without one.
- Prices for shower faucet installation is higher than most installation cost since it is a bit more complicated to install. The price range for this type of installation is from $240 to as much as $419.
- If you have a bath tub at home, a faucet must also be installed for it as well. It is also a bit complicated, just like the shower faucet, and the installation price for this starts at $231 to $404.
What are the extra costs?
- If there are additional modifications needed for the existing plumbing, electrical, or heating systems, these will all be additional costs.
- When installing a kitchen faucet, if a counter top has to be replaced or removed, this can drive the price well past the $500 to $1,000 mark.
- 10% to 20% of the total contract price will be included if there is a general contractor that will supervise the installation of the project.
What is going to be included?
- There are several inclusions when you have your faucets installed. These are connectors, hardware, fasteners and other installation materials. All the materials should be included in order to have the faucet working at 100%.
- A professional will be able to remove any other faucet and replace it with a newer one. During this procedure, most experts will recommend that newer sinks are installed to help match the sink.
How can I save money?
- Look for the best contractor that will offer the best quality service for the lowest price. There are several contractors online that you can visit and find estimates so you can set the budget aside. Services such as Service Magic online are a great resource to use to find the cheapest contractor in your town.
- If your only reason for replacing the faucet is looks, try to avoid the cost altogether. Only do necessary renovations when trying to save money.
- If you have the right skills to install the faucet, don’t be afraid to do it yourself. This can save you on labor costs which take up the bulk of the total price of an installation. There are many tutorials online that can help you learn how to do it.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|