How Much Does Faucet Repair Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A leaky faucet has so many inconveniences if no action is done to rectify the situation. If you are having second thoughts regarding having your faucet repaired because of the cost, think about the fact that it will actually cost you more if the water leak continues as it will add up in the monthly water bill. A broken faucet can also be annoying since it can potentially lead to much larger issues.
How much is it?
- Prices for having your faucet repaired vary depending on the part of the house where the faucet is installed. General estimates for having your faucet repaired are priced anywhere from $77 to $300 depending on how complex the faucet is.
- If you have to replace the faucet, not only are you going to have to have it taken off; it will have to be replaced with a new one at your expense as well.
- A leaky faucet is proven to be an annoyance since every drop can add up to several liters, which translate to wasted water. A leaky faucet can be repaired for the price of $70 to $150. Generally, this is an easy fix. The only reason the price is so high is based on the fact that many plumbing based companies have an in home visit fee. This will be charged regardless of the situation.
- There are services available for repairing shower faucets as well. Repairs for this type of faucet can start at $80 to $209 depending on the quality of materials used.
What are the extra costs?
- If there are other parts of the faucet such as pipes that need to be repaired, this can add up to the total bill.
- If you have to completely replace the faucet, this will have to be purchased at your expense.
- Also, just like having your faucet installed, you may have to add 10% to 20% if you need to have a general contractor supervise the repair of the faucet.
What is going to be included?
- The prices indicated above are package prices for the repair of the faucet. The repair package will include the project materials and labor cost.
- Transporting of the materials used for the repair on site is also included as well as maintenance for a certain period.
How can I save money?
- There are several repair service contractors available online. This gives you the freedom to look around for the contractor that will offer the best price for the service. It is possible to get the same quality of work at a lesser price. Use sites such as Service Magic that can help you find the best contractor price in your area.
- Ask friends or other people for referrals if they have first hand experience of the service provided; if it costs a little more, the quality of the repair can compensate for the price in the long run.
- Repair kits are available and if you have the right set of skills you can repair the faucets yourself. This will save you on labor cost which makes up most of the total cost for a repair.
- Because the cost to repair a faucet can be as much as the cost to replace a faucet, it is sometimes best to just opt for a completely new faucet. At least you will get a new faucet for your money!
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|