How Much Does Faux Stone Cost?
Faux stones are one of the many alternatives that can provide you with the look and feel of stones without the large price. Hiring a mason to do stonework can be quite expensive, but most people can do faux stone on their own. Faux stones are made with a high density polyurethane. They are lightweight but are just as durable as stones. As mentioned earlier, you can save on labor costs since they are very easy to install. The price of faux stone is determined by its design.
How much is it?
- A faux stacked stone design is usually purchased in panels. These panels can range from $60 to $185. On average, these panels measure at 48″ x 24″. Some designs that are fairly popular by consumers include designs such as River Rock, Castle Rock, Bamboo, Stone, Brick and more.
- For example, a stonewall faux stone panel that interlocks can cost $50 to $71 per panel.
- If you would like to install wallpaper, these designs are also available in the wallpaper form. For example, a beige faux stone wallpaper can cost $20 to $35 per roll. Other wallpaper designs are also available. On average, most wallpaper that has that “faux stone” appearance can cost $23 to $46 a roll. A standard roll can cover around 35 to 40 square feet.
What are the extra costs?
- If you order online, there are options where you can order a sample for $5. These samples allow you to match up the stone to the room or exterior where you wish to place it. It saves you from purchasing in bulk.
- Other tools and supplies for installation are also needed to put the faux stone panel in place and finish the project. For example, one of the items needed is textured chalk. This chalk can cost $19 to $30.
- You may also have to hire laborers to install the faux stone which will vary based on the contractor that you will get. Most contractors are going to charge depending on many various factors. It is safe to say that most contractors will charge $5 to $9 per square foot to install the faux stone.
What is going to be included?
- Most panels will come prepped and packaged securely in a box. You can pick this up at a local merchant, or get it delivered to your home.
How can I save money?
- Compare prices with stores. This will provide you more options and will give you a better decision to buy from the store that has the lowest price. As long as you compare at least 3 merchants, this should give you a good idea on what you are going to pay.
- If there is no need to make improvements at home, just save your money first and wait for the right time. While faux stone can be a great option, explore other alternatives.
- Like many home projects, it is possible to do the installation of faux stone yourself. You just have to buy the right tools and look over the internet or books to help and guide you in the installation of faux stone. This job is ideal for those that have DIY experience.
- If you are going to hire a professional, use services such as Service Magic that can help you find a contractor in your area.