How Much Does the FCE Exam Cost?
The FCE, or the First Certificate in English, exam is one of the tests available and provided by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations in England. This test proves an individual’s adequacy in the English language, and the completion of the exam means that a person is able to socially interact efficiently. The FCE exam is divided into several sections that include reading, writing, and use of English, listening, and speaking. The price for the FCE exam depends on the location where the exam will be taken.
How much is it?
- There are several institutions that provides the FCE exam and they are located all over the world. The FCE exam can cost anywhere between $175 and $350.
- For example, LanguageCourse.net offers information about the exam itself, as well as different locations where the FCE exam can be taken. They offer the price of the examination at anywhere between $175 and $200. The exam can only be taken after the FCE course has been taken.
- Another website, FirstCertificate.com, states that the price for the FCE exam is being offered at $170 to $180. Again, this is the price for the examination itself. Additional fees such as the administrative and other fees are considered as extra costs.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the test are just the materials that will be used for the examination. The examination itself is a separate expense. It should be noted that the exam can only be taken after the FCE course has been completed.
What are the extra costs?
- The additional costs involved in the FCE exam are the materials and registration fees. These can cost anywhere between $75 and $125 depending on where the test is taken.
- The FCE exam is taken after you finish the complete course. The tuition fee for the training course can cost you up to $2,565, which includes only the study fees.
- Additional study materials and DVDs may be required for those that want to study outside of the materials that are provided.
How can I save money?
- Make sure that when you take the exam, you do it right the first time and only take it once. Retaking the exam can cost you more, so passing it the first time will guarantee that you save money. Do this by constantly reviewing and practicing lessons to be able to master the language.
- Check with a few different test centers in the area to see what they are charging for the complete exam.