How Much Do Fertility Tests Cost?
A fertility test is a procedure that assesses fertility, which helps out in identifying the window when it would be ideal to conceive children. Fertility tests are also performed to identify if a woman is able to bear a child. There are different ways to perform fertility tests and they can involve going to the clinic or a medical institution to be assessed by a doctor. Other ways include purchasing a home fertility test kit, which can be bought over the counter from any drugstore. The price for a fertility test depends on the type of test that you will take, as well as where you will take it.
How much is it?
- On average, a basic fertility test can cost anywhere from $65 to $250 at a local clinic. This test in particular will get an accurate sperm count as well as a blood test for a female to check the levels of her hormones.
- Advanced tests that involve X-rays and uterine lining samples can cost anywhere from $300 to as much as $800. The more advanced tests are going to be more accurate than a blood test or an “at home” kit.
- At home kits can cost anywhere from $10 to $100 or more depending on the brand. For example, Fairhaven Health manufacturers a fertility product for home that retails for $34 to $50.
- An item such as the Clearblue Fertility Monitor can accurately monitor the 6 fertile days of a woman’s cycle.
- For example, the site FirstResponse.com lists the price for fertility tests sold in different stores. They offer fertility tests that range from $15 to $30.
- The online retailer BabyHopes.com sells fertility tests in different packages. The price for the fertility tests that they sell range anywhere from $11 to $40. There are digital fertility tests available; these can cost more than the conventional ones.
- For those that have health insurance, the testing may be covered in certain circumstances. It is best to talk with your doctor or health insurance provider to see what is covered in terms of deductibles, co-pays, etc.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want a more guaranteed result and professional advice, you may want to consider visiting an OB/GYN. They are far more experienced in identifying a fertility period and they can provide sound advice regarding fertility. If this option is considered, an OB/GYN visit can cost anywhere from $60 to $110. See: “How much does an OB/GYN visit cost?“
- At home kits may also include a package that can be sent into a lab. If a lab is chosen to have the results processed, an additional fee will apply.
What is going to be included?
- A professional will be able to consult with both partners to discuss histories as well as perform a routine exam. If a routine exam does not showcase the appropriate results, a more advanced test may be conducted.
- An at home test can detect things such as a low sperm count or can properly identify fertile days.
How can I save money?
- Make sure that you consult with your OB/GYN to avoid wasting test strips. An OB/GYN can provide advice and professional diagnosis regarding your condition which can greatly reduce the cost of purchasing fertility test kits.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|