How Much Does a Fireplace Insert Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A fireplace insert is a custom made fireplace that is fitted and installed inside an existing fireplace. To add more style and provide an efficient heating option, fireplaces are fitted with fireplace inserts. The system is composed of the fireplace and the pipes that serve as the exhaust. Rather than having a brick and mortar fireplace, which can also be messy at times, fireplace inserts offer a more viable solution.
How much is it?
- The cost of a fireplace insert will depend on the size of the fireplace, the materials being used and where it’s being purchased from. On average, a fireplace insert can cost as little as $200 to as much as $3,000. A good quality insert is going to be within the $1,000 to $2,500 price range. These types can include wood, gas and pellet burning fireplaces.
- For example, a lower-end fireplace insert that is highly rated such as the Dimplex DFI2309 Electric Fireplace Insert retails for $173 to $220. A higher-end fireplace insert such as the Vogelzang Colonial retails for $900 to $1,500.
- ChooseFireplacesandStoves.com is an online store that sells a varietyof fireplace inserts which ahve different designs, features, colors, and materials. These fireplace inserts can be burned by gas, pellet and wood. The price of the fireplace systems that they sell can range anywhere from $1,500 to $2,800..
What is going to be included?
- Fireplace inserts are manufactured to be used efficiently and they have different designs to match your house. They often have unique designs that have hidden side mounted controls.
- Fireplace inserts can be controlled using a remote control, which can make them more convenient to use. These will be included with each fireplace insert that you buy.
- As mentioned earlier, there are different types of fireplace inserts. They are made to burn with gas, wood or pellets. They also have different power outputs that can provide different level of heating.
What are the extra costs?
- There are different accessories that you can add to the fireplace inserts, some which add an extra layer of protection to the device. You can purchase a barrier screen placed in front of the fireplace to prevent direct contact with it. Common accessories that are purchased for a fireplace insert can include those such as a blower, a gold door, or even extra trimmings.
- You will also be given options to change how the fireplace will look as you could change the borders with artificial bricks.
- To have a professional installer come in and install the fireplace insert, the cost of installation can start at $400 and can go as high as $2,500 if the complete fireplace has to be relined.
How can I save money?
- Look for a fireplace insert system that can offer the right amount of heat for your home. Since they can provide different heating capacities, their power output can be different. The price would depend on the power of the insert, and the energy consumption would also depend on this.
- If you have the option to put a heating solution for your house, you can stick to just a regular HVAC system since it performs dual roles that can lessen the need to purchase different types of appliance.
- If you are going to hire a professional to help with the fireplace insert installation, consider using services such as ServiceMagic.com to find the best quote in your area.