How Much Does Flea Extermination Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Flea extermination is the process used to rid your home of a flea infestation. If you have a pet that has fleas and you do not take care of it immediately, the fleas can invade your home rather quickly. A flea is a small parasite that feeds through the skin of warm-blooded animals as well as humans. Each flea can lay eggs after each time it feeds, so they can multiply very quickly. If you notice your animal scratching, check it for fleas immediately. You will usually be able to see them on your pet be moving the hair and looking at the skin. If you do not catch it in time and your home becomes infested, you will need to call professionals to rid your home of the pests. Flea extermination will not only clear the fleas from your house, but will also provide protection for future flea infestations.
How much does flea extermination cost?
- Flea extermination services can be easily found in almost all areas. Each of these companies can charge differently depending on the size of the home, the degree of infestation, the equipment they use, and the quality of their work. If there are not many companies in your area from which you can choose, your distance from the company can also affect the price.
- On average, plan on spending around $180 to as much as $350 to control the problem. The complexity of the problem can greatly influence the price.
- For instance, MicroPest.com is a company that offers solutions for problems such as fleas, mice, and lice. The rates vary depending on the type of pest, and flea extermination usually costs anywhere from $180 to $240 depending on the type of location (such as home or office) where the pests will be exterminated.
- Pest Control NYC is an extermination company based in New York City. This company also offers several extermination services for different kinds of pests in restaurants, apartments, and houses. They also charge based on the type of pest as well as the location where the service will be performed. The price for flea extermination can cost anywhere from $195 to $230.
- BedBugsPestControlNYC.com is another company in New York City that also offers flea extermination. They use a variety of methods when dealing with different kinds of pests inside and outside of the house. If they are going to deal with fleas, expect a variety of treatments which can cost anywhere from $195 to $250.
What is going to be included?
- Before they proceed with the process of exterminating the fleas, the exterminator will assess the area and decide which method would be best for your situation.
- During the procedure, the exterminator will target the inside of the home with insecticide; this will either be sprayed or sprinkled depending on the company. The exterminator will not only get rid of the fleas using this insecticide, but he will also place preventative measures to the inside of the home. This preventative treatment will usually be applied to carpets and floors.
- The exterminators will use a variety of treatments to ensure that they can get rid of the pest and prevent it from coming back.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involved when dealing with fleas are the repairs necessary if exterminators have to get rid of pests hiding under the floor boards and behind wall spaces.
- If rodents or pests are present, this could be the reason fleas are forming. If the pests have to be removed as well as the fleas, additional fees can apply.
- A follow up appointment will more than likely be necessary. The service call will cost extra, but it is important to be positive that the parasites have been completely eliminated.
Tips to know:
- If your pets show early signs of flea infestation, you will need to make sure to treat it immediately to prevent the spread of fleas.
- When hiring an exterminator, try to find out about his experience and what kind of insecticides are used to get rid of the problem. If you have children around the house, it would be ideal to have them use the safest insecticide possible. You may even want to arrange for your children to spend the day and night somewhere else to prevent any reactions.
- Most companies suggest that before they come to perform the extermination, you clean the house as thoroughly as possible. If the flea is in the pupae stage, it will be immune to insecticides and other flea products. Vacuuming can release the fleas from this stage, causing them to be susceptible to the treatment. When cleaning, you should concentrate on carpet, furniture, pet beds, blankets, etc.
- After the extermination has been done, you should immediately treat each animal for fleas to ensure that they do not come back. Something simple like a bath using flea shampoo can help, or something more in depth such as a flea dip. For information on flea dips, see “How Much Does a Flea Dip Cost?”
How can I save money?
- To save money, make sure that you are going to find the exterminator that can give you the best offer. Being the cheapest does not mean quality service, and they may charge you more for hidden fees and services. If you want to find the cheapest services in your area, consider using websites such as ServiceMagic.com.
- The best way to save money is to avoid the need completely. Take care of fleas as soon as you see even one!
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|