How Much Does a Football Helmet Cost?
A football helmet is a piece of protective equipment worn by football players in a game or in practice which provides protection to the head from sudden impact that can lead to serious injuries. Football helmets vary in size and design depending on the preference of the player wearing it. They are usually made with padded leather. Typical football helmets have bars that protect the face as well as visor to protect the eyes from glare. The price of a football helmet will depend on the brand, the type, as well as other factors.
How much is it?
- On average, a football helmet can cost anywhere from $25 to as much as $400.
- A football helmet that is designed for a youth or even a toddler can cost anywhere from $27 to as much as $200.
- For example, a simple recruit helmet with nothing on it such as the Recruit YFS can retail for $35 to $50. The Shutt Youth ION helmet that has a different type of cushioning compared to most other football helmets retails for $240 to $300.
- An online sporting goods outlet store such as SportsUnlimitedINC.com offers helmets that have different designs which can be from the different teams that they represent. The site sells a lot of football helmets that range in sizes from youth to adult. The price for the football helmets that they sell range anywhere from $110 to $260.
- Another online sports outlet such as the SportsDepot.com sells football helmets that have different sizes with no designs or any decals painted on them. The site lists the price for their football helmets for anywhere from $234 to $275.
- Replica professional helmets that are often purchased for autographs and more can range anywhere from $50 to as much as $200. This will depend on the brand and the team logo. For example, the New England Patriots football helmet can start at $90.
- Mini helmets can start at $15 and go up to as much as $150 for a replica design.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional attachments to the helmet can be purchased to add extra layers of protection. One such device that has been popular with football players is the visor. This attachment can cost $45 to $80 depending on the brand name.
- Decals and stickers that can be added to the helmet can cost anywhere from $5 to $30 depending upon what kind of decals are purchased.
- Many players prefer to play with a visor one. A visor that can attach to a helmet can cost anywhere from $10 to as much as $40. This will greatly depend upon the brand of the visor.
What is going to be included?
- The helmet will include the body of the helmet itself as well as the bar that protects the face of the player without compromising the visibility.
- Also included is the chin protector which is attached to the strap; this is used to hold the helmet in place.
How can I save money?
- There are differently designed football helmets available and they are sold at different prices. If you are not a fan of any football team, you can purchase helmets that do not have any design since they can cost less.
- If you or your child are just trying football for the first time, purchase a cheaper helmet until you are sure whether a better one is necessary.