How Much Does Foundation Repair Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Foundation repair is a type of restoration done to a a house or a building to repair foundation problems such as cracked walls and bulging floors. The foundation can be a very sensitive part of a structure if left in disrepair. There are cases where structures are brought down to the ground because of severe fractures in the foundation. The price for foundation repair depends on the square footage, the contractor and the geographical location.
How much does foundation repair cost?
- On average, the cost of foundation repair can be anywhere from $2,100 to as much as $30,000. The average price for foundation repair in the United States as of 2011 is $5,600.
- Repairing simple cracks in the concrete wall can cost anywhere from $600 to $2,000 per crack in the foundation. If the company has to use hydraulics, it can cost up to $1,500 per pile.
- ConcreteNetwork.com is a site the shows how much it will cost to repair a foundation as well as offers tips and suggestions for the construction. This site shows that the price for foundation repair can cost anywhere from $12,000 to $26,000. It also shows a breakdown of the different costs involved in foundation repair.
- FoundationSupportWorks.com provides information regarding the different available contractors that perform foundation repair within your area. The price for foundation repair according to the different contractors that offer the service can range from $15,000 to $31,000.
What is going to be included?
- Most jobs are going to take anywhere from 1 to 3 days. Before the job starts, a structural engineer will come to the job site to assess the property. During this time, he will draw up a map of the property as well as visually inspect the interior and exterior of the home. Each part of the home will be noted where stress is found. Once this job is done, an advanced plan and estimate will be performed.
- The payment for foundation repair will include all of the materials needed to complete the job. The payment for the contractor should also be covered in the estimated total cost provided by the company.
What are the extra costs?
- Soil reports will have to be performed around the property to diagnose the foundation and soil around. Poor soil can often be the cause of a poor foundation. This alone can cost $400 to $4,000 for the soil report.
- Building permits may be necessary depending on local laws. Permits can range anywhere from $50 to $150.
- When repairing a foundation, there may be other parts of the structure that can be affected. Rebuilding these affected areas can incur additional cost, which depends on the part and the price the company may ask. For example, if there are deep footings or tree roots in the way of the foundation, this can bring up the price.
- Parts of the foundation such as the landscaping and plumbing can become affected. If this is the case, additional professionals may have to be called into ensure that everything is back in working order.
- If cracks are found throughout the home that are due to the foundation problems, these can be addressed as well. If these cracks require some sort of repair, additional fees may apply.
How can I save money?
- Repairing the foundation of the affected area early will be the best way to save money since the damage will still me minimal and other parts of the structure will not be affected yet. If a homeowner continues to wait, the foundation problems can do more damage than expected.
- If hiring a contractor, consider using services such as Service Magic to help you find the lowest quotes in your area.
- Consider talking with the company to see if any type of financing terms are available. With these financing terms, one may be able to save money up front by paying lower monthly payments.
- If the foundation was damaged due to an earthquake or flood, you may want to talk with your homeowners insurance company to see if it’s covered. Since all plans vary, there could be a good chance that it’s covered.