How Much Does a Freedom Boat Club Membership Cost?
The Freedom Boat Club is the largest boating club in the United States and it offers a fun and unforgettable boating experience, minus the hassle and cost of having to buy your own boat. There are many membership plans from which you can choose, so you should find one that suits your budget—one that you like best. The Freedom Boat Club claims that they “believe that days do not have to be ordinary and boating should be an escape rather than a nuisance. To us, boating is a way for people to relax, connect with friends and create powerful memories with family.” Instead of having to care for and maintain a boat, you can simply reserve one for use.
How much does it cost?
- According to freedomboatclubfl.com, you can take advantage of different types of memberships. Depending on the level, the costs of a Freedom Boat Club membership range anywhere from $199 to $399 per month with a one-time initial membership fee that can cost into the low thousands.
- One member on TheHullTruth.com claimed that it was $4,000 to join and cost $350 per month for up to three years, bringing the total close to $17,000.
What is going to be included?
- The club has three levels that include boat club, cruiser club, and yacht club. The boat club lets you rent boats up to 23 feet. The cruiser club includes a fleet of boats up to 27 feet, and the yacht club will include the entire fleet.
- Along with the price you need to pay for being a member of the Freedom Boat Club is the privilege to enjoy an unlimited usage of the home club, where you can enjoy the facilities available in the vicinity.
- The Freedom Boat Club offers a variety of sea transportation like yachts, but the most popular membership level is the Boat Club. This can accommodate more people, including a bunch of your friends and your family.
- As a member, you will be given the opportunity to experience each of the other four locations available in the club.
- You are also given the chance to book a reservation for as many as four bookings at a time. This will allow you more chances to explore, relax and enjoy.
- In addition to the levels of membership, there are different types of plans:
- Freedom Boating Plan. This is the most popular plan and type of membership. It allows you to choose from with a 7-day plan, in which you can enjoy privileges at all Freedom Boat Club locations as well as the ability to reserve a boat any day of the week. A cheaper option would be the 5-day, or weekday, plan. This allows you to reserve boats only on the weekdays when the waters are less crowded.
- Winter Season Plan. Because the winter season is slow for many boating areas, they offer this plan for people who want to pay a little less to enjoy the off-season. This is available for 6 months out of the year instead of the full year. You will not have rental privileges during the summer months.
- Corporate Plan. This plan allows you the freedom to reserve boats for clients and employees as a reward or incentive.
- Friends and Family Plan. If you have other family members or friends that are also interested in a Freedom Boat Club membership, you could sign up for the friends and family plan and split the costs.
What are the extra costs?
- As stated above, initial membership fees will apply. Depending on the membership level and plan, these fees start at $1,200.
- Bringing more people in the club will mean additional charges.
- Moving a booked reservation may mean paying for a specific amount as well, which is set by the management.
- There are extra costs that might come up when you are already in the club. Food, for example, is an additional expense for you that you have to think about.
- Keep in mind that all Freedom Boat Clubs are maintained by different owners, and therefore prices and regulations may vary from one to the next.
Tips to know
- Consider making a reservation in advance so that if there are promotions or discounts, you can take advantage of them.
- Decide on the number of people you are bringing along so that you can get a rough estimate as to how much to pay extra.
- Before joining the local boat club, be sure to research the fleet to make sure that they have a selection that appeals to you.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by taking advantage of the package deals offered by the Freedom Boat Club.
- Companies normally offer discounts every now and then. Inquire if they have any so that you can save a little bit.
- You can also save some money if you reserve your membership spot prior to the date of your trying on the activities prepared for you.
- Joining a boat club is often cheaper than owning a boat; however, be sure to crunch the numbers because every situation is going to be different.
- Do not be afraid to haggle on your initial membership.