How Much Does a French Manicure Cost?
A French manicure is just one of the many options you have when getting your nails done. A French manicure can either be done to your existing natural nails, or it can be done using artificial nails. The one you choose depends on your natural nails and your preference. French manicures can also be done professionally at a salon, or they can be done yourself in the comfort of your home.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of getting a French manicure can vary depending on the geographical location, beauty salon, the manicurist, the process and length of time to complete the manicure. On average, getting a French manicure is going to cost anywhere between $25 and $40.
- A French manicure could go anywhere from $25 to $33 according to the data posted on Community.QVC.com.
- Some salons charge $25 for a French manicure without the usual cleaning or manicure done. For a $30 to $33 French manicure, you will be asked to soak your nails in acetone to remove the old shellac, but no drill or grinding is involved in this process.
- On the other hand, a French manicure with shellac for 40 minutes costs $35 according to Milashaircuts.com.
- If you want to attempt to do your own French manicure at home, French manicure kits can be purchased at any larger chain store such as Target or Walmart. These can be found for $10 to $30.
What is going to be included?
- A French manicure usually includes the cleaning of the nails by a certified manicurist. After cleaning, the first coat of shellac gel or gelish is applied. Nails are then cured using ultraviolet light prior to the application of the Sealer for a glossy nail shine that can last up to two weeks.
- The Shellac helps strengthen natural nails. As such, this type of manicure includes resistance to cracks and peeling even if you drive, do house chores, and work with your newly manicured nails.
- When it comes to the colors, you have just about every option available, even though clear nails with white tips is the most common.
- If you purchase a kit to give yourself a French manicure, this kit can include different things. Some kits only include the fake nails and the adhesive to put them on. Others include the nails, adhesive, and the nail polish used when the nails are finished.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra costs may be incurred for extra services aside from the French manicure.
- Clients may also give a tip to the manicurist after the session for French manicure is done. The tip basically depends on certain conditions such as the generosity of the customer, the standard rate required by the salon or state, and the quality of the service.
- As stated above, a manicure typically lasts up to two weeks. After those weeks are up, it will have to be done again. However, there are many things that you can do for touch-up rather than redoing the entire thing.
Tips to know
- Shop around first for the rate of French manicure in your local salons or those in nearby towns or cities. You can also check out websites just to give you an overview of how much money is needed, the processes required, the expected result, among others.
- You can ask around for feedback from friends who have gone through the experience of French manicure or simply read reviews and feedback of customers online. The positive feedback you get from a particular salon serves as an assurance of the quality of their service.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by taking advantage of promos provided by the salon for French manicure. Some beauty salons offer discounts as part of their opening or launching.
- Consider doing the procedure yourself. This SheKnows.com article has an eight step guide on what needs to be done.
- Deal websites such as Groupon.com often have a lot of salon deals every day. Be sure to check here to see if you can save money at a local salon.
- If you are getting French manicures as part of a wedding party, there will usually be a group discount given. Not only will the wedding party have to pay less than normal, the bride’s manicure is usually free.