How Much Does a Frozen Pizza Cost?
Frozen pizza is a great convenient meal for those nights when you are too busy or tired to cook. They often bake in an oven quickly and are delicious when consumed warm. There are many different brands and types of frozen pizzas, and some of them are so well made that they taste just as good as a pizza from your local pizzeria. The cost of a frozen pizza is usually going to depend upon the brand and store from which you buy it.
How much is it?
- Frozen pizzas are going to vary in cost. When it comes to frozen pizzas, you often pay more for better quality. The pizzas that have rising crusts tend to be more expensive than the thin crust varieties. Frozen pizzas can range in cost from $2 to as much as $8. The more expensive versions tend to be made with higher quality ingredients, but sometimes you can find store brands that replicate the higher end pizzas.
- GoodHousekeeping.com listed their favorite frozen pizzas. Here, the average frozen pizza ranged anywhere from $3 for an individual to as much as $12 for a premium frozen pizza.
|$5 to $8|
|DiGiorno||$5 to $8|
|Jack’s||$2 to $4|
|Palermo’s||$4 to $7|
|Red Baron||$3 to $5|
|Tombstone||$2 to $4|
|Tony’s||$2 to $3|
|Totino’s||$1 to $3|
What is going to be included?
- The crust on frozen pizzas ranges from thin, crispy crust to thick deep dish crust. There are some that even have crust that is stuffed with cheese or has seasonings on it.
- Frozen pizzas are made with many different toppings. Some are vegetarian where others have multiple different types of meat on them.
- Typically, when you by a frozen pizza it includes a pizza and a round piece of cardboard that can be used to remove the pizza from the oven when it is done. Pizzas come in either cardboard boxes or wrapped in cellophane. Some companies have begun packaging their pizzas with sides, such as wings or cheese sticks. These extras typically increase the price, but will likely feed more people.
- Popular brands include Jeno’s, Totino’s, Red Baron and DiGiorno.
What are the extra costs?
- The extra costs with frozen pizzas are minimal. There is an extra cost for the sides that are sometimes packaged with them.
- Depending on how you like your pizza crust, you may need to invest in a pizza stone. A pizza stone will create a more evenly cooked crispy crust.
Tips to know:
- One of the most important things to know when cooking a frozen pizza is to follow the cooking directions. Some people throw away the packaging prior to cooking the pizza, and the directions are often on the packaging. It may take some experimentation to find the optimal cooking length for your oven. It may be helpful to catalog the time cooked until you find the perfect length. What you may find out is that if you do cook it the required amount of time, you may burn or even under cook it.
- When cooking the frozen pizza, it is best to place it directly on the over rack and then use cardboard or a pan to remove it. This will allow the pizza to cook more evenly. Another thing that helps with even cooking is to let the pizza thaw for about 30 minutes prior to baking it.
- Frozen pizza will never match the quality of a fresh pizza. Consider spending a few dollars more for a fresh pizza. However, there are a few things that you can do to make frozen pizza taste that much better.
- If the pizza comes wrapped in plastic, take the plastic off the back only. Use the top piece as a steamer by poking small holes in it and leaving it on while baking.
- When there is just a couple minutes left of baking, take the pizza out and spread garlic butter or olive oil on the crust.
- Before baking, add a little more cheese. Mozzarella is usually the best choice. You can also add more of your favorite toppings.
- Adding things that go well with pizza, such as a salad and breadsticks, can enhance the overall meal.
- Although you cannot really add sauce to the pizza, you can add some of the spices and flavors of the crust by sprinkling them on top.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by watching for sales and coupons. When a brand releases a new type of pizza they often release coupons to advertise that brand. However, do not go for the cheapest pizza that you can find because you are often going to get what you pay for.
- Frozen Pizzas often go on sale. When they go on sale they are often sold in multiples, meaning a set number of pizzas for a lower price. It will save you money if you stock up on frozen pizzas when they are on sale since they store well.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|