How Much Does Game Fencing Cost?
For those that have wild animals such as deer, pheasants and more, game fencing is going to be necessary in order to keep them in their designated areas. Since many of these animals can jump higher, dig holes and find other alternative ways to get out, it’s important that you consider getting fence that is designed for these animals. The price is going to vary depending on how much you’ll need, the length, the brand and more.
How much is it?
- Having a professional install, the average will vary anywhere from $3 – $6 a foot. Some places may charge as much as $15,000 – $22,000 per mile to install high, game based fencing that is higher than 8 feet.
- eLawnGarden sells a brand, “Stay Tuff” that measures 96″ in height, as well as comes equipped with 20 line wires with 6″ spacings. A package such as this one is going to cost anywhere from $500 to $600.
- Lowe’s has a package that is made from 12 1/2 gauge galvanized wire, measures 8 feet high and is 330 feet long can cost anywhere from $500 to $750 per 330 feet.
- Deer fencing is going to cost anywhere from $350 to $700 per 330 feet. Deer game fencing is going to generally measure as high as 96 inches to prevent them from jumping.
- Welded wires can vary anywhere from $90 to $150 per 50 feet, or $175 to $285 per 100 feet.
- Coated Hex Netting based fences can cost anywhere from $175 to $250 per 100 feet.
What are the extra costs?
- Game fencing is going to require special equipment in order to install it properly. Equipment such as tractors, pole drivers, trailers to roll out the fencing, chains and more may be required, depending on the size of the job.
- If you’re not going to install the fencing yourself, a professional is going to be required in order to install it. A laborer / contractor may charge anywhere from $50 to $200 per hour to complete the job.
- Customizable cuts and jobs may require more work, and therefore may occur may charges.
What is going to be included?
- Game fencing generally comes pre-cut in packaging when you purchase it from your local hardware store. It will come in packages such as 50 feet, 100 feet, 330 feet and more.
- Some hardware stores / specialty companies may cut the fencing to customizable sizes. Your results may vary.
Tips to know:
- If having a contractor perform the job, be sure to ask for references. These jobs tend to be rather big and you don’t want to hire someone that isn’t going to get the job done right. Most companies are going to be more than happy to offer referrals as well as show pictures of jobs that have been done in the past.
- It’s best to work with a company that specializes in this type of gaming fencing. Most reputable companies can be found in states such as Texas.
How can I save money?
- Compare contractors online using sites such as ServiceMagic. Simply put in your job and contractors will bid on your project. This is a great way to save.
- Consider doing the job yourself. If you have any DIY skills, it may be a job that you can complete.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|